SVN 2017/53 (P) - Human Resources Officer (P2) - Juba, South Sudan
Position Title Human Resources Officer
Duty Station :Juba, South Sudan Classification Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 27 March 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer in Juba, and in coordination with the Human Resources (HRM) unit at Headquarters (HQs), Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating the human resources functions of all offices in South Sudan and its sub-offices. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Review and monitor the Human Resources Management function in the mission in accordance with the Organization’s policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region.
2. Supervise the maintenance of personnel files and attendance records of international, national and sub-contracted staff in the Mission.
3. Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the mission’s HR / Training database, and in Page 1 / 4conjunction with the Security Unit, ensure staff abidance of all mandatory and recommended security briefings and trainings.
4. Maintain an effective working relationship with the service provider contracting and administering field-level staff working on behalf of the Mission.
5. Provide support to the Mission management in filling the appropriate staff vacancy needs, ensuring that relevant recruitment procedures are effectively and swiftly applied and that selected new staff are sufficiently briefed, including through an appropriately updated “Welcome Package”, and able to assume functions at the Mission in a timely fashion. 6. Review and assess the mission's staff training and development needs and suggest possible improvement areas in collaboration with HRM/Staff Development and Learning (SDL). 7. Ensure timely and regular implementation of the Mission’s Staff Evaluation System (SES) and advocate for timely completion of the performance management process in line with the organizational deadlines.
HR Policy and Advisory
8. Advise Project Managers on staffing and other personnel issues, including leave entitlements/planning and overtime administration. Ensure regular updates to the Mission’s organogram/staffing table and contact lists, including those of sub- offices. 9. Propose to the management appropriate and effective administrative procedures reflecting the mission's needs. Apply IOM’s Human Resources policies, rules and regulations in the mission.
10. Coordinate with HQs, MAC and the Finance team on issues related to the benefits and entitlements to international staff in the field.
11. Supervise the administration and timely renewal of the visas and residence permits. 12. Attend external meetings as and when required and brief management accordingly. PRISM HR Administration
13. Monitor the contractual situation and the administration of entitlements of local staff. 14. Supervise the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness. Assume the responsibility for PY Posting and work in close coordination with other staff in order to validate and verify the payroll simulation before the monthly pay run and posting of national staff payroll in PRISM HR.
Monitoring and Reporting
15. Assist the SRMO in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required in coordination with the Heads of Units/Programmes. Oversee the preparation of reports pertaining to personnel administration of international and national staff of IOM South Sudan, as required. 16. Review audit recommendations on HR matters and in coordination with the SRMO, implement them within the HR function.
17. Prepare special reports and participate in and/or lead special HR projects in coordination with MAC, PAC and/ or HRM HQs.
18. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Page 2 / 4Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in human resources management, recruitment, organizational development; • Experience in field emergency operations;
• High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
• Good knowledge of IOM/ UN human resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations;
• Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking;
• Working experience in developing countries an added advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage. Note
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding Page 3 / 4confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
system, by 27 March 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 14.03.2017 to 27.03.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/53 (P) - Human Resources Officer (P2) - Juba, South Sudan (55006957) Released
Posting: Posting NC55007014 (55007014) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Juba
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-03-27