17-16 Project Finance Specialist
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 17-16 PFS/HQ/NRS
Project Finance Specialist The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic Project Finance Specialist with excellent organization and planning skills and a high level of commitment. The person selected will be accountable formonitoraportfolioofprojects,overseetheprojectaccountinginHQandregionsto assurecompliance with the terms of the donor’s agreement in relation to approvals, eligibility and allowability of costs.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.
The position: This position will be based in Lima, Peru (La Molina) and will report to the Project Finance Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Receives and reviews monthly field financial reports for consistency, completeness and accuracy of documentation and proper posting to the correct project budget item.
- Assist with preparation for annual budgets, projections and efforts reports in a timely and efficiently manner.
- Stay current with donor regulations and the award requirements identified in the CIP compliance matrix.
- Maintain all applicable project records and files in accordance with internal controls, demonstrating compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure that expenditures meet donor compliance plans and regulations.
- Set up reporting and/or invoices templates for new projects and in the tracking of receivables.
- Assist program managers and other project staff in monitoring project spending levels against budget.
- Provide feedback to projects on improvements needed in the preparation of field financial reports.
- Respond to routine accounting/financial report inquiries from field or home office; resolve issues that arise.Selection criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the accounting, finance or administrative area.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Knowledge of the international development funding (Desirable).
- Aptitude for understanding complex regulations and monitoring financial transactions and documentation for compliance.
- Familiarity with Irish Aid, GIZ, DFID project or knowledge about donors.
- Accounting software packages (ERP Preferable).
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term with three-month probation period and the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on March 28, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima (Peru)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Banking and Finance
- Operations and Administrations
- Public Policy and Administration
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-03-28