Reporting Officer - National Contract
The Danish Refugee Council is looking for a Reporting Officer to support the design and delivery of high quality, timely and accountable programming in Greece.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in 40 countries around the world.
DRC’s mandate is driven by three global strategic objectives within the DRC Assistance Framework: Saving lives and alleviation of immediate suffering among people affected by conflict, Safeguarding, restoration and development of livelihoods, and, Institutional and organizational change that contributes to protection of people’s rights and peaceful handling of conflict
DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens area, Larissa and Thessaloniki in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
About the Job
The Reporting Officer is based in DRC Country Office in Athens, and provides technical support Units in Attica, Central/North, and island Regions. As Reporting Officer you will report to the Programme Officer and work in close coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation and Programme Units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management within DRC Greece and to external audience;
- Support the Programme Unit in collect and maintain relevant and up-to-date information from DRC Greece hubs and field operations and from external stakeholders;
- With input from the Programme and M&E units, help producing high quality program progress reports as per donors and DRC requirements;
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external meeting minutes, presentations, working papers and activity tables (e.g. 4W);
- In coordination with the Programme and M&E Units, support the development of visibility materials such as newsletters, social media posts, success stories;
- Provide high quality editing and formatting for all program related documents;
- Perform other relevant duties as needed.
- Master’s Degree mass communications, journalism, social science or related areas is an asset;
- University’s Degree mass communications, journalism, social science or related areas
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in communication, reporting, publication.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Greek
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian/development sector will be an advantage;
- Good understanding of the contexts in the Mediterranean Region and the Middle East is considered an asset.
Skills and Qualities
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, experienced in working with different groups, partners and nationalities
Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
Enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
The position required a good level of flexibility, including availability for field trips to Lesvos, Thessaloniki and Larisa, and deal with unexpected and various tasks;
Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
Terms and Conditions
The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law, and all allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus).
All work related transport costs from duty station to other work sites are refundable.
All communication costs work related are refundable.
DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Athens (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
The employee shall follow DRC instructions on safety, confidentiality and ethical guidelines, including the Code of Conduct and the Humanitarian Accountability Framework.
Employee should not engage in any other paid activity during the DRC contract period without prior authorization.
Employee should not engage in any activity that could harm DRC or the implementation of any project during the DRC contract period.
Employee should not give interviews to the media or publish project-related photos or other material without prior authorization.
Employee shall return all borrowed equipment for the project to DRC after the end of the contract period or upon request.
Interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Applications close on 02/04/2017.
Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.