DIVISION/LOCATION: International / Lake Chad Basin/Abuja – with travel
JOB FAMILY: Campaigns and Advocacy
LEVEL: Global B2
Job Type: 6 month contract with possible extension
Hours: Full Time
This is a rapid recruitment and therefore applications will be reviewed and interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering. As an Oxfam employee, you will join a team of professionals that is part of the international confederation of 17 organizations networked together in 94 countries. As part of a global movement for change, we are working together to end world poverty and injustice.
The Campaign Manager will take overall responsibility for managing the delivery of the campaigns and advocacy across Oxfam International (OI)
The Rights in crisis campaign Manager will support Oxfam’s efforts to design and implement advocacy strategies to better meet the needs of Congolese civilians affected by conflict and humanitarian disaster.
Expectations for the position:
- The incumbent will work independently and effectively with minimal supervision and with flexibility to achieve the deliverables of the position
- S/he will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam mission and goals.
Act as Campaign Manager for the LCB Response: providing humanitarian campaigns advocacy leadership, and working with the Operational Lead and Programme Teams to ensure positions and messages on related issues such as food insecurity, returns. gender, and protection are consistent and coherent
Plan and ensure delivery of an appropriate range of campaigns and advocacy activities to convey Oxfam’s positions and messages to prioritised advocacy targets and media outlets
Directly line manage the Advocacy & Policy Lead; the Media Lead; The IM & Communications Manager
Strategy development and implementation
Lead the development of strategic plans for the LCB Campaign and research on humanitarian and conflict-related issues in the Lake Chad Basin.
Monitor and analyze developments in country and share this information with the broader Oxfam International team through regular SitReps, email updates, teleconferences, and briefing notes.
Lead in the development of policy analysis on emerging crisis situations to inform Oxfam positioning and planning.
Work closely with colleagues in Oxfam and national and international civil society to ensure new developments are monitored and communicated in a timely fashion to ensure information can be used by both advocacies, regional and international.
- Represent Oxfam in meetings with external stakeholders and visiting delegations
Provide analysis for Oxfam representation and lobbying in international platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science/International Affairs/Public Policy /Government with focus on conflict and security/humanitarian affairs/ governance/ risk Management. Advanced degree in related field would be an added advantage
Experience and Core Competencies:
- Substantial and proven experience in advocacy or campaigning for humanitarian or human rights
- Understanding of humanitarian response, disaster risk reduction, complex humanitarian emergencies, conflict resolution strategies, and international human rights/humanitarian law.
- Ability to think and operate strategically, independently and creatively.
- Lobbying and political skills: persuasive, diplomatic and articulate.
- Experience in advocacy, research, policy, lobbying, media work and public campaigning, including the ability to act as a spokesperson when necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work independently yet cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting with a number of long distance working relationships.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Internet).
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Initiative, influencing skills , self awareness, ability to work effectively with others and critical analysis skills
- Language skill desirable - French
- Commitment to Oxfam’s mission, values and ethics All applications must be submitted on the Oxfam website through our online system, please follow the link to apply: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5796/description
All applications must be submitted on the Oxfam website through our online system, please follow the link to apply: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/5796/description
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Junior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-04-02