MATTHEW RESPONSE PROGRAM MANAGER (Haiti) Ref. 116/16-17
Purpose of the Job
To ensure the management, the coherence and the accountability of Matthew Response in the South Peninsula.
- Is responsible for the strategic development and management of the Mathew Response in the South.
- Supports Oxfam’s impact locally, regionally through ensuring program alignment to the key strategic objectives and program standards.
- Ensures the promotion of citizen’s rights with a special emphasis on women and youth and ensures that all related works are prioritized in the Mathew response.
- Contributes to the thinking and integration of Oxfam know how and values in the great South green table sector. (Table verte du Grand Sud)
- Ensures implementation of Gender and Protection priorities in the program.
- Attend all strategic and coordination meetings on behalf of Oxfam in the context of the Mathew Response.
- Ensures appropriate mechanism and coordination to allow the most coherent interaction, development of OCBs in their field of expertise.
Thought leadership and strategic management 25%
· Line manages all staffs affected to the Response.
· Support the development of a strong Oxfam emergency response strategy aligned with the resilience model and the different sectorial thematic (Protection, Gender, Food Security, WASH)
· Hold stakeholders accountable for program strategy and plan delivery
· Assist in coordination of the West and South reporting functions
Program development, management and monitoring 20%
· Ensure that all Mathew Response initiatives in the South are in compliance with Oxfam internal systems requirement and policies by thoroughly inputting data on PeopleSoft and HELIOS systems.
· Liaise with the Business Support Management team (Finance, Logistics, IT) to resolve problems related to the effective functioning of the program.
· Coordinate activities linked with Human Resources and the overall management. Ensuring the program implementation is also in alignment with the Haiti HR strategy and the overall regional objectives.
· Taking an active role in Fundraising, support in donor contract cycle management, ensuring the quality of the programme through championing Monitoring and Evaluation processes, and innovation, reporting to donors.
· Participer à la définition, et coordonner un système de coordination internes qui permettra aux différents acteurs (directeurs pays, coordonnateurs,trices de zones, sector manager, Disaster Risk and Response Manager, d’être informés.
Representation, Working with partners and stakeholders 25%
• Support a comprehensive understanding of Oxfam’s partnership approach, including work with coalitions and networks, adopting a strategic, proactive perspective on how to achieve partner led approaches in the area.
• Develop and facilitate links with local civil society, international stake holders ( Red Cross Movement, UN, Donors , INGOS), the private sector and governments, initiating contacts and building associations that can be used to enhance Oxfam’s work, and identifying key partners to collaborate with on the delivery of the program
• Coordinate and mobilise technical support for the program partners, accompanying them, reinforce their capacity, and ensuring high quality of programming.
Resource Mobilisation 15%
• Working closely with the Program Quality Funding Development Manager (PQFD Manager), participate in relevant fundraising activities, through the development of fundable concepts (at all levels) and by assisting in the development of SW department donor proposals, budget submissions and other necessary activities to secure funding for programme objectives
People Management 10%
· Attract, motivate and retain people in your team; develop both individual skills and those of the team; create a positive working environment and manage the performance of the team members
· Ensuring a secure, safe and healthy working environment.
· Perform all related functions delegated by their immediate superior
· Participate and contribute in other transversal projects in the country or region or institution considered relevant by the Country Director.
· Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
· Post holder will regularly have 321 interactions with line manager et other personnel selected based on relevance to the case which permits the following: a) to assure the post holder objectives are clear and complete; b) to measure a level of progress and support if necessary; c) a summary of the state of affairs in the respective areas; d) nature of relation to other areas and services such as: Logistic, Finances, program, HR, etc. Progression in MEAL and fundraising; f) verify whether the person’s placement in the structure is correct and understood; g) recommendations and follow up actions are put in place and considered.
What are we looking for?
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
· Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (preferably economics, politics, sociology, humanities) or substantial experience in the sector
· High notion of accountability and commitment to change
· Commitment to and good knowledge of working with networks, coalitions and a partnership approach across the spectrum of Oxfam’s work, including innovative approaches to capacity strengthening
· Ability to engage and influence both corporate direction, contributing to and following it as appropriate and the ongoing development of program policy and quality to enhance the impact of Oxfam’s work
· Experience in development, knowledge of humanitarian and advocacy issues and an understanding of relevant issues including the differential effect of poverty and conflict on men and women
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills.
- A proven record of effective management of people and resources, including planning and organisational skills.
- Strong experience in Programme management and private sector related issues;
- Strong representational skills and experience of bringing about demonstrable change through external networking.
- Excellent diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills, and good interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Ability to effectively influence and liaise with high profile stakeholders, local authorities on behalf and in line with Oxfam’s organisational beliefs.
- Proven evidence of leadership skills including challenging, motivating and developing a team through periods of change.
- Able to work as a team with others within the Oxfam Program approach
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Strong understanding and experience of integrating gender and diversity into programming
- Training and facilitation experience.
- Demonstrable commitment to quality programming, including, for example, experience of working with monitoring and evaluation systems, mainstreaming of gender and HIV work, development of partnerships, accountability mechanisms to beneficiaries.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English.
- Ability to work and support staff in insecure environments.
· Knowledge of Haiti (or program area) in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues.
· Knowledge of Creole and Spanish.
· Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam
· Team player, able to lead, coach and motivate a multi-talented team and able to work independently and with self-motivation
· Strong knowledge of the LAC region, inequality, public policies issues, strategic thinking etc
What can we offer you?
Internal Job Grade:National C1/This is a national post to which we may offer some additional benefits according to Oxfam policy.
Contract type:Fixed Term- 12 months
Annual Salary:USD 44,203
Staff reporting to this post:
All thematic managers and related staffs for the Mathew Response Program. Reported staffs matrix management will be confirmed with sector managers
Location:Les Cayes with frequent moves within other areas of intervention in the South
Incorporation: 1st April 2017
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) to: email@example.com Please put the reference that corresponds in the subject box of the email: Ref 116/16-17
All submitted applications remain the property of Oxfam.
This recruitment is opened to Internal and External candidates
Closing date: March 24, 2017
Women applications are strongly recommended to apply.
Interviews will be taking place on a continuous basis during this recruitment.
We will be considering applications as they arrive and may appoint for this position before the closing date.
- Organization: Oxfam Intermón
- Location: Port-au-Prince
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-03-24