Consultancy - ECM Platform Roll-out Coordinator, ECM, ICTD, New York
New York City (United States of America)
With the ECM Platform being incrementally introduced to UNICEF country offices throughout 2017-18, the need for professionals in product rollout and support is vital. Hence, the ECM project seeks a Programme Specialist for the ECM and digital workplace rollout coordination and support.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is a formalized means of organizing and storing an organization's documents, and other content, that relate to the organization's processes. The term encompasses strategies, methods, and tools used throughout the lifecycle of the content.
Purpose of the Position
The ECM Platform development follows a phased and modular approach to software development integrating a Digital workplace and ECM functionalities, with releases based on an agreed set of prioritized modules and features (the Minimum Viable Product, or MVP). With the ECM Platform being incrementally introduced to UNICEF country offices throughout 2017-18, the need for professionals in product rollout and support is vital. Hence, the ECM project seeks a programme specialist for the ECM and digital workplace rollout coordination and support; specifically around:
● Maintaining relationships with country offices, regional offices and HQ Divisions;
● Advising offices on guidelines for adopting the ECM Platform;
● Addressing high-level needs by ECM users to Product and Engineering teams;
● Defining standard procedures and optimizing rollout processes.
Key Expected Results
Coordination for Field Support (60%)
Assist Country Offices in the adoption of the ECM platform with in-person and remote support and guide the development of quality training materials to support adoption.
a. The ECM Platform is adopted, in a coordinated and transparent manner by Country Offices, Regional Offices and HQ divisions.
b. Strong communication channels with stakeholders are in place and support rollout activities.
c. Feedback and reports from Country Offices are integrated into the training and support packages.
d. Support structure in Regional Office's is created and support countries are assigned to the project team.
e. Coordination with the Project Team on refining knowledge and support resources.
Programme development (25%)
a. Support in the management of ECM rollout activities, including requirements gathering, and establishment of the (continued) business case for ECM.
b. Liaise closely with the Product Team in terms of ECM guidance, uptake, and field responsiveness.
c. Support trainings and training of trainers' activities at regional levels in support of the ECM rollout.
a. ECM rollout functions are competently deployed and adopted at the country level.
b. ECM project team and steering committees are kept up-to-date on feedback from the field.
c. Requirements of future releases of ECM reflect the country office inputs.
Capacity strengthening (15%)
Liaise with technical staff in M&E, partnership management, ICT, and operations within UNICEF and in partner organisations to facilitate mutual learning in the application of country level ECM adoption frameworks to best practices.
a. Country level ECM adoption frameworks are aligned to best practices and lessons learned from past rollout activities.
Techinical Skills and Experience
- Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, Business Administration or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- Undergraduate degree with additional work experience will be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience in international development and/or a global system deployment with proven ability to manage projects involving many stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel to UNICEF Regional Offices and HQ locations
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in another UN language is desirable.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology (weighted scoring method), where the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
• Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
• Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of technical skills and financial proposal specific to the solicitation.
Technical Criteria weight: [70%]
Financial Criteria weight: [30%]
Please indicate your availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.