Programme / Finance Assistant (G-6), Chinese Nationals Only, Beijing, China
We are now seeking a Finance Assistant to join our operations team of highly-motivated professionals in providing support to UNICEF’s programmes in China. The particular focus of this assignment will be in providing support to programmatic and financial transactions, analysing financial data and activity results for management decisions, and contributing to partners’ capacity building through assurance activities.
UNICEF is the leading United Nations organization for children. We are now seeking a Finance Assistant to join our operations team of highly-motivated professionals in providing support to UNICEF's programmes in China. The particular focus of this assignment will be in providing support to programmatic and financial transactions, analysing financial data and activity results for management decisions, and contributing to partners' capacity building through assurance activities.
How can you make a difference?
- Monitor and analyse budget utilizations against multiple funding sources and prepare financial reports.
- Undertake financial spot checks to partner offices, identify risks and propose actionable interventions for improving national partners' capacity in financial management.
- Create budget lines for a variety of programmatic and operational activities.
- Liaise with UNICEF Global Shared Service Centre and programme sections in UNICEF Beijing office on payment request submissions, follow-up and provision of clarifications.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on financial and programmatic issues according to UNICEF's financial rules and regulations.
- Investigate transactional errors and irregularities and develop appropriate solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with newest developments of office ERP/SAP system and provide training to colleagues.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A bachelor degree or above in business administration, accounting, finance or other related field.
- Minimum six years of working experience in supporting finance, accounting or other related field.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
- Sound knowledge of SAP system and prior experience of audit services would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in financial accounting and SAP system.
- Good understanding of international / national accounting standards.
- Passion in learning and researching, gathering comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Close attention to details.
- Respect for and adherence to UNICEF's core values of Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, and Integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong drive for results, setting high standards for the quality of work.
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please send a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 503567). The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 March 2017.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Beijing
- Grade: GS-6, General Service
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-03-31