Technical Analyst, Obstetric Fistula, Technical Division
New York City
The Technical Analyst, Obstetric Fistula is located in the Sexual and Reproductive Health Branch, Technical Division, and reports to the Technical Specialist, Obstetric Fistula/Coordinator of the Campaign to End Fistula.
Building on the on-going work of the UNFPA-led Campaign to End Fistula (http://www.endfistula.org), which is present in 50+ countries in Africa, Asia Pacific, Arab and Latin American/Caribbean Regions, the Technical Analyst, Obstetric Fistula (OF) supports in providing technical and operational assistance for obstetric fistula, a major maternal morbidity, and supports the work of UNFPA and its Maternal Health Thematic Fund (MHTF) in this area, as part of a comprehensive approach to maternal health within Sexual & Reproductive Health & Reproductive Rights (SRH&RR).
Advanced university degree in Public Health or Social Science or related field
Knowledge and Experience:
· Two years of experience in the area of international development including public health, preferably sexual and reproductive health; knowledge and experience on Obstetric fistula an asset;
· Excellent writing abilities, with strong analytical skills;
· Experience working in a developing country is preferred;
· UNFPA/United Nations experience and familiarity desirable;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills; ability to participate effectively in a team-based, information sharing environment;
· Must be highly organized and possess initiative and sound judgment;
· Strong proficiency in English, with excellent writing skills, is required. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-04-14