Accredited Entities Specialist
Accredited Entities Specialist Grade IS – 3 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Country Programming Division Closing date 9 April 2017 Reporting to Head of Accreditation and Entity Relationship Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/150 Management
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change — the defining challenge of our time. Jointly established by 194 Member States of the United Nations in 2010, GCF invests in transformational projects that build low -emission and climate-resilient economies in developing countries. The Fund will serve as an enabler of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, channelling significant financial resources to developing countries to make an ambitious contribution to global climate action.
To realize this unprecedented mission, GCF is expanding its workforce. The Fund is seeking exceptional people who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Accredited Entities Specialist will contribute to the operational activities of the Fund through local and international institutions entrusted to channel the resources of the Fund to developing countries for activiti es to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change. These include Ministries, local and international financial institutions, private sector entities, state owned entities, NGOs, UN agencies, etc. S/he will develop and monitor the Fund’s relationshi ps with accredited entities and implement the accreditation process with the objective of maximizing the success of the Fund’s operations.
Duties and responsibilities
Within the Country Programming Division and as a member of the accreditation team, she/he will: • Support developing countries in the selection and nomination of subnational, national or regional, public, private or non-governmental entities to get accredited for direct access;
• Support national and regional entities, in coordination with their country focal points, to strengthen their institutional capacity;
• Liaise with public, private and non-governmental institutions interested in being accredited to the Fund; • Collaborate with the Accreditation Panel in line with the respective roles of the Panel and the Secretariat in the accreditation process;
• Support the implementation of the accreditation process and continue to improve, strengthen and streamline the process and its reliability; • Support the work of the Accreditation Committee of the Board in the p erformance of its duties related to accreditation policy matters;
• Serve as adviser to the management of the GCF on matters related to accreditation;
• Maintain full knowledge of the Accreditation Master Agreement (AMA) and work on AMA negotiations;
• Undertake the periodic review of Accredited Entities, including the re-accreditation process; and
• Contribute to the preparation of the Fund’s regular reports to the Board and other updates in relation to
Expected experience and qualifications
• Master’s degree in economic, environmental studies, business management, or other relevant field;
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, including experience in, or working with, developing
• Demonstrated experience in undertaking strategic planning, accreditation or quality assurance activities;
• Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of local language and/or another United Nations language is an
• Client orientation
• Team work
• Building trust
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Accredited Entities Specialist”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-04-09