M&E Assistant/Accountability (National Position), Nineveh
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
This position will play a key role in maintaining quality programme and same enhancing downward accountability and in improving community participation.
The position of M&E assistant is based in Nineveh.
This position will be reporting to M&E Officer, technically to CO M&E Coordinator (Accountability)
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate is preferable. At least (1-2) years of experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting. Experience in working as a M&E assistant with an NGO, charity or similar organization. Previous experience in working as a M&E assistant or Equivalent in a humanitarian/recovery context. Fluency in spoken, written Kurdish, Arabic and English. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Coordinate with relevant departments
- Ensure proper filing of all relevant documents
- Design and support dissemination of relevant information to beneficiary, and relevant partners
- Providing useful and constructive information to target communities about NRC’s programs.
- Conduct brainstorming activities, trainings and workshops with program teams on a regular basis, including an orientation at the beginning of each new project, to ensure that they are aware of the processes and procedures of accountability mechanisms.
- Working with people
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Patient, flexible and creative
The post will be for (8) months contract duration with possible extension subject to fund.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Hama Al Alil, Nineveh Area Office.
For more information, please find attached the job description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nineveh
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-04-03