SVN 2017/61 (P) - Procurement & Logistics Officer (P2) - Maiduguri, Nigeria
Position Title Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 03 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall guidance of the Resource Management Officer, Abuja and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, Maiduguri, and technical supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer, Abuja, and in close coordination with relevant units, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for Procurement and Logistics activities for the sub-offices in Maiduguri and Yola.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistics actions within the Sub-offices, including property and assets control, supply, and contractual agreements for services and maintenance. 2. Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistics needs in Maiduguri and Yola.
3. Liaise with Project Managers and Heads of Sub-Offices regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures. Page 1 / 44. Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization’s best interests.
5. Assist project and programme managers in preparing bidding documents for the tendering of projects and issuing calls for proposals, oversee bidding processes, solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents, evaluate and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment. Support all procurement transactions and analyze them for conformity with specified requirements. 6. Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep project managers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
7. Create and maintain the database of vendor and contractor accreditation and evaluation status to ensure a pool of reliable service providers to address the needs of the Mission. 8. Establish and monitor a tracking system for purchase requisitions raised in the sub-offices; organize and maintain proper filing systems.
9. Undertake physical inventory of the assets in the sub-offices and update it on a periodic basis; implement effective systems for assets management; ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal.
10. Direct and supervise stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss.
11. Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
12. Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers, and management of staff movements.
13. Ensure safe running condition of the fleet, and transportation of IOM staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according the Vehicle Log Book, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumptions.
14. Manage, train and supervise staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in preparing narrative and financial project reports, statements and/or projections; • Experience within the International Humanitarian Field and within the organizations of the UN Common System;
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with donors, governmental authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs;
Page 2 / 4• Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences;
• Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
• Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities;
• Working experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of a local language is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 03 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html Page 3 / 4In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.03.2017 to 03.04.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/61 (P) - Procurement & Logistics Officer (P2) - Maiduguri, Nigeria (55014131) Released
Posting: Posting NC55014140 (55014140) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Maiduguri (Nigeria)
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Supply Chain and Service delivery
- Closing Date: 2017-04-03
P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)
Consultor/a en evaluación de Insumos Médicos (Home based-por retención de servicios). (Múltilples Posiciones), Multiple positionsUNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
IICA-1, International Individual Contractors Agreement
Home Based (Home Based)
NO-B, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
NO-A, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position