Livelihood Outreach Officer (National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualified who can fit the position of Livelihood Outreach Officer in DRC Bekaa Office
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operatingin the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
In Bekaa you will find one of the most historical places in the world such as the Baalbak temple. It is also a safe and relaxing environment but at the same time very close to Beirut.
About the job
DRC will be implementing a number of livelihoods projects in the Bekaa. The role of the Livelihoods and Registration Assistant is to provide support to all of DRC’s livelihood projects.
DRC will be implementing a Livelihoods Centre (DLC) in the Bekaa, serving as venue for the DRC’s livelihoods activities (vocational training, apprenticeship etc). It will serve as a space to provide advice to both job-seekers and employers on legal matters pertaining to Lebanese labor regulations. Job-seekers are advised on their rights as workers and on working conditions they should expect. The DLC advocates for employers to offer decent working conditions to their employees, including equal wages for women and men, minimum wages, working hours, and safety and health at work
The Livelihoods outreach officer will be responsible for communicating with employers and providing suitable job vacancies, apprenticeship, and training opportunities to the beneficiaries in Baalbek region.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Visit employers, NGOs, UN, vocational training providers and microfinance and business support services to explain the role of the DRC Livelihoods Center and its services, DRC’s other livelihoods work and to obtain job vacancies and refer jobseekers on a weekly basis
• Assist in the data collection on the local labour market and enter collected information on job vacancies, training opportunities and self employment support programmes into the database
• Find proper placements for apprenticeship program and generate reports on vacancies and visits
• Inform employers and jobseekers on labour law regulations applying to Lebanese workers, as well as to Syrian refugees and migrant workers
• Ensure publication of job vacancies and other career opportunities
• Support MEL team in monitoring the impact of DRC’s work
• Support Livelihoods team in conducting vulnerability profiling assessments and livelihoods assessments.
• Coordinate with Protection Mainstreaming Officer on ensuring protection concerns are mainstreamed into DRC’s livelihoods work.
To be successful in this role you must have some knowledge of the Bekaa business market
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Bachelor degree in marketing and sales or equivalent
• Effective communication skills
“Ideally, you will also have…”
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in outreaching with employers
• Has some knowledge of the Bekaa business market
• 1-2 years in similar position
• Computer literate with fair experience in excel
• Team player
DRC will offer the successful applicant a3months contract to cover a maternity leave, You must be available to start work from April 2017 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B equivalent USD 1250.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 4th of April 2017. The interviews are expected to take place the week after.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo