Fundraising Backend Consultant
To provide support to the pledge fundraising programme by supporting on backend activities like database management, data analysis and processing monthly collections
Background and Justification
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in over 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
UNICEF globally has successfully engaged in resource mobilisation from the private sector (individuals, corporations, high net worth individuals and foundations) for many years. In South Africa, resource mobilisation began in 2007 to ensure the sustainability of programmes aimed at delivering results for children.
Following a detailed mapping of the private sector and the development of a resource mobilisation strategy in January 2015, the team is active in recruiting individual donors. This requires ongoing activities in managing donor database, analysis of the data for improving results, and donor servicing on a regular basis.
Scope of Work
Goal and Objective: Under the general supervision of the Chief of Communication and Partnerships and direct supervision of Partnership Specialist, the consultant will support donor care and donor service activities including donor database management, donor saving, donor query resolutions, data analysis, etc.
- Provide details/reference to AWP areas covered:
This covers aspects of the annual workplans where achieving donor acquisition and revenue generate through pledge fundraising.
- Activities and Tasks: The specific tasks are:
- Support for timely and correct recording of donor details in Donor Perfect (the donor database system being used by UNICEF South Africa).
- Support in coordinate with the Finance, Payment Gateways to facilitate timely and correct one time/monthly debits from donor accounts and make sure all payments are being done and that faulty debits are being corrected
- Support in the coordination with fundraising agencies and other agencies hired to assist in Direct Marketing Campaigns. Keep inventory of fund raising material.
- Perform analysis of donor's database, for profiling donors and understanding their behaviors, targeted communications or any other purpose as required. Use Excel and MS Access as a feed system and analytical tool to create data models.
- Support in data extraction for segmentation purposes, analysis, campaign lists and any other types of communication with supporters.
- Ensure donor specific data is effectively safeguarded through security systems, user access and data backup at all times
- Other support as and when required by the programme
- Work relationships: The consultancy involves working closely with the Pledge Fundraising Consultant on a day to day basis and with the Fundraising/Partnerships Manager, Finance Officer, Admin & Finance Specialist, and Communications Specialists on a regular basis.
(Estimated # of days or months)
Schedule of payment
Monthly report summarizing actions on all the specific tasks mentioned in the activities and tasks section of the TOR
Last day of the month
First week of following month
First week of following month upon approval of monthly report
Desired competencies, technical background and experience
Education: University degree from a recognized university. Exposure to Marketing, Business Administration, Advertising, Sales environment during degree will be given preference.
Experience: Two years of experience. The candidates who have hands-on experience in servicing large number of individual donors/customers will be preferred.
- Proven skills in managing relationships with large number of donors/customers involving query resolution and response.
- Proficiency in Microsoft excel. Proven ability on data analysis.
- Ability to draft routine correspondence and donor communication material.
- Proven ability to effectively respond to donor/customer queries through letters, emails, telephone calls and personal visits.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically applications like Donor Perfect and other Customer Data Management software.
- The consultancy is office based, and the consultant will work on computer(s) provided by the office.
- Local travel (outside Gauteng) and airport transfers (where applicable) will be covered in accordance with UNICEF's rules.
- Flight costs will be covered at economy class rate.
- The candidate selected will be governed by and subject to UNICEF's General Terms and Conditions for individual contracts.
- As per UNICEF policy, payment is made against approved deliverables.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application to the following link: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=503428 by 31 March 2017.
Please indicate your ability, availability and fee rate (daily/monthly) to undertake the terms of reference above.
Applications submitted without a fee rate will not be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 1 month of the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Regret emails will be sent only to shortlisted/contacted candidates.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Pretoria
- Grade: International Consultant
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2017-03-31