Nutrition and Health Head of Department
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
leading the definition of innovative strategies as well as to represent Action Against Hunger International in a leading role in the field of Nutrition and Health in Nigeria
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- To provide overall technical coherence, direction and quality assurance to ACF's Nutrition & Health programming at a national level, considering development and emergency contexts.
- To represent ACF and its positioning in external coordination, donor, and technical meetings/visits on technical and operational matters.
- To support, follow-up and further develop the ACF Nigeria research & pilot project portfolio in the areas of nutrition-specific and sensitive programming.
- To support programmatic integration for specific activities.
- To represent and position ACF in key national and regional initiatives.
DOES THIS DESCRIPTION FIT YOU?
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional
- You have an advanced University degree (Masters) preferred in human nutrition, medical sciences or social sciences.
- You have a Minimum five years experience of nutrition programs
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You have proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management).
- You have proven ability to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- You have experience with donor communications.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
- You have good diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- You have experience in advocacy and policy development
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
To apply click on link below;
- Organization: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Mid level
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-04-21