Senior Regional Medical Officer
Senior Regional Medical Officer (Job ID 13751)
Regional outreach of Staff Health and Welfare Service (SHWS/HQ) Medical Section is through the regional medical offices. Their primary goal is to provide regional teams with medical capacity in support to their staff health and welfare strategic objectives, and operational planning.
The incumbent will support, facilitate and implement, in the countries of responsibility, the projects/programmes identified at regional level in close collaboration with SH&WS/HQ, aiming at the health prevention, protection and promotion of their national and international staff.
The Senior Regional Medical Officer will keep daily contacts with all levels of HCR staff both at HQ and in the field. Close collaboration with the RSWO. Close contacts with UNHCR Regional Director, Representatives, Chiefs of Mission regarding the health and safety of their staff. Medical Advisor to the Administration and Field Security of the COs and to MIP. Close working collaboration with the Office of the Ombudsperson, the Office of the Inspector General.
The incumbent will maintain contacts with the Regional Security Adviser and CSAs at UNDSS, DPKO/DFS missions medical authorities and infrastructures in the region, UNCTs, UN Dispensary Physicians, UN Examining Physicians, AFPs and INGOs operating in the countries of responsibility, especially in the health sector.
The Senior Regional Medical Officer (SRMO) reports to SHWS/HQ (Chief of Medical Section).
The SRMO is a rotational position; all SRMOs will rotate simultaneously from one position to another.
The incumbent will supervise one General Service Staff, as well as other staff if required.
The SRMO will work alone, but will be fully integrated in the relevant Regional Office/Hub and will be in direct contact with the Medical Section of the SH&WS at HQ. In this line the SRMO's yearly work-plan and key performance indicators will be established in line with the regional strategic objectives for staff health and welfare with the technical support of SH&WS/HQ.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Degree of Medical Doctor (MD).
- Minimum 8 years of clinical practice as a Medical Doctor/ Practitioner of which at least 1-2 years should be in an international organization in hardship duty stations.
- Experience in occupational health and safety and/or travel medicine and/or tropical and infectious disease, and /or emergency medicine, minimum 2 years' experience.
- Project design and management experience (education and competency to successfully lead and direct projects) minimum 2 years' experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and drafting skills.
- Fluency in English and very good knowledge of French.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree in Occupational Health/Public Health/Community Medicine/Family Medicine/International Health.
- Certification in OHS and emergency medicine (ATLS, ACLS, or PHTLS or equivalents).
- Experience in managing employee assistance programs like HIV or substance abuse or other wellbeing programmes.
- Supervisory experience of other health personnel.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Training experience and facilitation.
To apply please go to to http://bit.ly/2nIsEKo.
Closing date: Tuesday, 11 April 2017 (midnight Geneva time).
UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged.
- Organization: UNHCR
- Location: Kenya (Kenya)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Medical Doctor
- Medical Doctor
- Public Health and Health Service
- Closing Date: 2017-04-11
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)
karamoja | Kigali
FG IV, Function Group, Administrative, advisory, linguistic tasks