Project Concern International (PCI)_is global health and humanitarian organization that implements programs in 16 countries worldwide. PCI is seeking a nutrition consultant to provide support to its integrated food security and health programs. In coordination with PCI’s Food Nutrition, and Livelihood Security (FNLS) & Health Units, the Nutrition Consultant will provide targeted technical support to PCI’s proposal development and ongoing activities for an interim 3-month period. It is preferred for this person to be DC-based; however, San Diego or remote will also be considered.
As requested by and under the guidance of the Acting Director of Food Nutrition and Livelihood Security (FNLS) Director and in coordination with the Senior Director of Health & Nutrition, the consultant will:
- Review select materials (technical guides, capacity statements, etc.) developed by the technical team to ensure that nutrition components are accurately reflected and adequately addressed with current, state of the art nutrition practices.
- Review proposals during development to ensure proposed interventions effectively integrate nutrition and advise on proper indicators for nutrition activities.
- Provide targeted assistance to the FNLS & Health units as required for development of rations for emergency responses, and supplementary and school feeding activities.
- As requested by Interim FNLS Director or Sr. Direction for Health & Nutrition, provide targeted guidance on existing PCI nutrition activities including Care Group programming, school feeding activities and any nutrition research activities.
March 27 - June 27, 2017. Potential for end date to be extended.
Level of Effort:
Minimum 1-2 days per week for 3-month period.
- Master’s degree at a minimum; advanced MPH and degree in Nutrition preferred
- A minimum of ten years of experience in implementation of international integrated FNLS programming preferred
- Must be able to work on a 1099 (independent contractor) basis
- Overseas work experience in Latin America, Africa or Asia.
- Fluency in English required and proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of program development
- Experience in proposals development, budgets, monitoring and evaluation as it relates to food and nutrition security programs, etc.
- Experience in calculating rations for vulnerable populations including pregnant women and children under two years of age for emergency and development programs as well as school meal programs.
- Knowledge of procedures for submitting proposals to US Government
- Solid experience in documenting best/promising practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer literacy; familiarity with all MS applications, spread sheet and data base software required
- Ability to travel internationally if needed
Interested candidates should submit details below to email@example.com:
- Cover letter describing experience and brief overview of similar engagements completed successfully within the last three years
- Curriculum Vitae highlighting experience in integrated nutrition, health and food security programming.
- References – Include a list of projects where similar services were successfully completed. Contact details shall be provided as PCI may elect to contact all or some references.
- Daily rate expected
- Completed Biodata form – This can be found here: https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
Job Location Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Position Type Consulting
- Organization: Project Concern
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Senior
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2017-03-26