Operations Manager (NO-C), Maseru, Lesotho
Position is open only to Nationals of Lesotho
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the post is to manage the office's operations related functions in accordance with strategy, plans and decisions made by Country Programme Management Team, incorporating advises from BNLS Operations Hub.
The post holder will be responsible for the overall coordination of the operations activities in-country, which still include inputs and updates to the CPMP, OMT, security, administration, finance, local procurement, human resources and ICT.
The post holder will be responsible for the work of others in the Operations unit. The position will be reporting to the Representative of the country office under the technical supervision of Chief of Operations of the BNLS Operations Hub in Johannesburg.
- Operations of financial, budget, information & communication technology, supply & logistics, human resource and administrative management strengthened and maintained for Country Office.
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of operations policy and procedures implemented to support operations at the country level in consultation with the Chief of Operations of BNLS Operations Hub.
- Fiduciary responsibility for funds and assets effectively secured and timely executed for optimum utilization by taking appropriate decision on operational and financial transactions, disbursement of funds, and administrative arrangements.
- Basic office services effectively provided to enhance staff safety, productivity and efficiency
- In collaboration with the BNLS Operations Hub, operations components of the CPMP and annual work plans timely prepared, as well as all other operational reporting requirements fully met.
- Compliance with all operational systems and procedures effectively monitored to ensure integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Staff learning/development for the effective operations performance programme developed, implemented and enhanced for capacity building in collaboration with HR manager and Chief of Operations of BNLS Hub.
- Effective coordination, communication, collaboration established and maintained with internal and external partners for efficient operations, advisory function including support to country management team (CMT) on security and emergency operations.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES
Advanced university degree in accounting, business administration, economics, or financial management and membership - or enrolled for membership - of recognized professional accountancy body
- Work Experience
Five years of relevant professional experience in operations management.
National and/or International work experience in office management, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and administration and/or other related fields.
- Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and Local language.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
i) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [II]
- Drive for Result [II]
- Working With People [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
- Analyzing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Formulating Strategies and Concept [II]
- Leading and Supervising [II]
- Planning and Organizing [III]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.