Site Maintenance Assistant - (Rapid Response Technician) - G2
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Site Maintanence Assistant (Rapid Response Technician) at SC2 level, to be based in Tororo, Uganda. Selected candidate will be employed on Service Contract.
This job is found in various WFP Offices. The Job holder report to the Logistics Officer or the designate, and is likely to follow established standard procedures to carry out routine site maintenance tasks. They typically work under close guidance and receive clear instructions and feedback on work outputs from the supervisor. This job requires a good physical fit to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions wearing protective clothing.
To perform routine site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide basic site maintenance and installation work (e.g. Generators, water pumps, water heaters, Mobile storage units, etc.) including carpentry work and basic site repairs ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Provide portaging and cleaning services (e.g. moving assets, reorganizing /installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, removing waste materials, emergency cleaning, etc.), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
- Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines.
- Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting.
- Notify supervisor of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the filed or office.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Uganda Certificate of Education
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Junior
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-04-06