Administrative Assistant - G5
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Administration Assistant at G5 level, to be based in Kampala Uganda.
This Job is found in Country Office (CO). The Job holder reports to the Logistics Officer (Warehouse), or the designate.
At this level, the job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Prepare quarterly forecast expenditure (budget) for the CDPs and forward it for integration in the unit’s budget plan.
- Record, coordinate & seek approval for destruction of old files and ensure retrieval of the old files for recycling as necessary.
- Produce regular reports on Administration tenders for aged/overstayed, obsolete and damaged stock as necessary.
- Ensure vehicle inspection reports are submitted monthly;
- Ensure that all pre-service contracts and agreements are adhered to for timely renewal /cancellation through timely submission of evaluations.
- Ensure there are valid contracts with the landlords of both warehouses and parking yards.
- Ensure all warehouse assets such as furniture and equipment are inventoried and tracked and updated monthly.
- Ensure staff separation/handover reports are properly filed.
- Supervise and maintain an orderly warehouse filing system and archives and ensure easy retrieval of documents.
- Oversee the warehouse stationery store and ensure proper stock control (timely re-order level) and a prudent, cost effective utilization by both Nalukolongo and Tororo CDPs.
- Make/create the section’s Organogram (Chain of command or Organizational Chart) to align with the rest of the units & organisation.
- Complete drivers’ PACE and also Follow up on all staff PACE
- Submit Staff Training Plan as necessary
- Follow up and control daily attendance/absence of WFP staff.
- Prepare the Annual attendance/leave staff sheet
- Prepare monthly over-time request for onward submission for clearance and settlement.
- Compute daily Security guards’ attendance/absence and consolidate the same in to the monthly attendance report.
- Monitor and compute staff Leave
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the Cleaning Services payment request.
- Ensure Air Conditioners are serviced quarterly or as per schedule.
- Prepare PRs for CDP/ EDP requirements whenever required
- Enter all Logistics PRs and GRNs into WINGS
- Enter all Strategic Fleet and Warehouse staff TA/TECs into WINGS.
- Ensure all Weighing Scales (For CDPs & EDPs), are serviced in time (every six months).
- Ensure Goods Received Note (GRN) for all deliveries are promptly made & submitted to procurement for processing & payment.
- Ensure timely preparation of payment request for utilities such as, UMEME, NWSC, etc.
- Ensure cross boarder waybills are promptly identified, scanned, sent to clearing agents for timely release of URA documents.
- Ensure proper management of all Non Food Items
- Request and handle Petty Cash as and when required.
- Open the Stores/containers and ensure they are properly locked with seals.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Secretarial/Business Studies obtained from a recognized institution
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-04-06