Property Engineer (Ref:. 17-03)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 17-03 PE/NRS/CCCAP
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly competent site Property Engineer in Yanqing (Beijing).
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR consortium.CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by the 15 research centers who are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. CCCAP is in the process of opening a sizeable R&D facility in Beijing (Yanqing District), including hiring staff and outfitting the facility with laboratory equipment and furniture. Through its research on root and tuber crops and capacity- building programs, CCCAP aims to boost RTC production in the Asia Pacific region and beyond, accelerate poverty reduction and improve food security.
The position: This position will be based in Yanqing Beijing, China and will report to the Yanqing Property Facilities Manager. The purpose of this position is to provide management of the maintenance of the buildings and its M&E systems at CCCAP Yanqing site, ensure the buildings and M&E systems are running at a healthy condition through regular corrective and protective maintenance program. This role shall work closely with maintenance suppliers to achieve minimum interruption of building systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning of property maintenance; long and short term, to ensure the smooth running of the building facility.
- Responsible for managing the building maintenance projects; lead the team of maintenance suppliers for implementing the planned maintenance program. Monitor and certify the building maintenance works done by suppliers and assist their payment application.
- Evaluate the performance of maintenance suppliers regularly by defined KPIs and follow- up their continuous improvement, manage the contracts with those suppliers and update accordingly.
- Forecast the cost information of building and system maintenance for yearly budget preparation, analyze and provide proposal of continuously reducing the running cost for the building and M&E systems.
- Full compliance with relevant government codes and regulations, maintain records, reports and files according to local demands and requirements.
- Establish site health and safety policies and methodologies for tracking and ensuring compliance.
- Prepare weekly and monthly technical and financial reports.
- Monitor and complete maintenance and repairs timeously and cost-effectively.
- Ensure security of premises and maintain security devices.
The ideal candidate will have most if not all of the following skills, knowledge, experience and personal characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Property Management / Civil Engineering or related field. Prefer relevant license of building installation or property management
- At least 5 years of professional experience in property management.
- PC proficiency and good understanding of IT tools in general
- Technical knowledge of building installation systems.
- Working knowledge of contracts and agreements
- Good skills in building construction methods/ site infrastructure specifics
- Knowledge of authorities demands and property legislation for the building operation and property management
- A solid track record in property management, quality maintenance and compliance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English is required.
Conditions: Non- national interested are allow to apply to this locally based position. These staff should have a residency status in China. The employment contract will be for a two-year term with possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth. The successful candidate will receive a compensation package comparable with similar organizations and in line with the candidate’s qualification and experience.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), attaching the following documents in English: cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on April 17, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Yanqing
- Grade: Mid level
- Architecture, Building and Property Management
- Closing Date: 2017-04-17