Mosul Operations Team Leader
Mosul Operations Team Leader
Duty Station [Mosul, Iraq (With travel to other locations in Iraq on request)]
We are looking for a highly qualified Mosul Operations Team Leader who lives in Mosul and be able to travel to Erbil (or be a previous resident of Mosul with the intention to return to Mosul imminently).
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
The Operations Team Leader (OTL) – Mosul is in charge of the coordination of the support activities in the area and general liaison with Erbil support staff, as well as basic finance functions, payments, basic procurement of goods and services, managing fleet needs and liaising with authorities in all related to permission letters and supporting the Field Coordinator in performing liaison functions with military and civilian authorities in the area. The OTL is also responsible for monitoring safety in the area, acting as the Mosul Safety Focal Point for DRC
Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities and duties
- Supporting DRC program teams in centralizing and following up on procurement requests submitted to the Erbil office.
- Liaising with DRC Erbil Office for the organization of transportation of supplies to the Mosul Warehouse.
- As requested and in collaboration with the Erbil Logistic office, organizing market assessments and local procurement for small items in Mosul.
- Providing training and support to Warehouse staff in the area.
- Liaising with the Erbil finance team for Cash For Work payments organization, staff salaries’ payments.
- Liaising with the Erbil Human Resources for timesheets collection, staff contracts management and other HR/Admin related issues.
- Generally speaking, ensures compliance of all support documentation for the Mosul area, in accordance with DRC operational handbook.
- Organizing guards schedule and ensure direct supervision.
- Collecting and compiling weekly vehicles plan for all teams and ensuring effective liaison with the Erbil fleet team.
- Maintaining up to date staff list for access letters preparation and submission.
- As requested, and under the direct supervision of the Mosul Field Coordinator, liaising with local authorities and assist with external representation.
Safety Focal Point responsibilities
- Serve as the initial safety point of contact for the department and be able to provide guidance on the local safety rules and safety procedures of DRC Iraq.
- Monitor the evolving situation in the area of DRC operations and report any relevant safety information to the local Safety Officer and/or Safety Advisor. File incident reports when required.
- Cultivate a network of local contacts that facilitates safe access for DRC in the form of efficient operations and effectively negotiating threats and crises.
- In coordination with the Head of Office Erbil participate in the review of the DRC Safety Level System and Minimum Operating Safety Standards.
- Assist the Safety Team in conducting regular audits of safety equipment.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
a) Preferred qualifications:
- University degree would be an advantage
b) Preferred experience:
- Experience with UN or INGO in a support or program management capacity
- Experience with performing operations functions (preferably HR/FIN/LOG – experience with Logistics processes essential)
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good command of Excel and Word
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights issues and good knowledge of working with refugees and IDPs.
- Ability to write weekly activity reports
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people. Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites when needed.
- A high respect to beneficiary/organisation confidentiality.
- Spoken and written Arabic and English are required, Kurdish is an advantage.
The selected candidate will need to live in Mosul and be able to travel to Erbil (or be a previous resident of Mosul with the intention to return to Mosul imminently).
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31-December-2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 16-April-2017.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level D6.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 10-April-2017. The interviews are expected to take place from 11 to 13 April 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Zhyar Ergushi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to email@example.com will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-04-10