Cash Programming Officer- Mosul
Cash Programming Officer
Duty Station [Mosul with travel to other locations in Iraq as needed]
We are looking for a highly qualified Cash Programming Officer with minimum 1 year of experience in cash transfer programming. The selected candidate is required to work in Mosul with travel to other locations in Iraq as needed.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450 national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
The cash programming officer is assisting the cash and distribution project manager in the implementation of cash transfer programming throughout the area of responsibility.
- Reports to: Cash and Distribution Prohect Manager.
- Supervises: casual staff when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying target populations in the area of responsibility.
- Training staff on the use of assessment tools for market assessments and beneficiary assessments.
- Conducting market assessments including field work, analysis and report writing.
- Assessing target populations via ODK system and DRC assessment tools.
- Organize Cash distributions.
- Contact local authorities and coordinate with them in what concerns our activities.
- Supervise and conduct the distributions.
- Creating reporting tools if needed.
- Incorporating lessons learned to continually improve programming.
- Report any breach of the Code of Conduct by staff or IPs.
- Maintain beneficiary database
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree.
- 2 years experience in iNGOs work.
- 1 years experience in cash transfer programming.
- Experience in distribution procedures.
- Calm, works well under stress, organized, and serious in performing his job.
- Fluent verbal and written Arabic and English are required.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 31-December-2017, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 16-April-2017.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level C1
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications closes on 10-April-2017. The interviews are expected to take place from 11 to 13 April 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Zhyar Ergushi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to email@example.com will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo