Technical HR Assistant - Personnel "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
The role of the Technical HR Assistant/Personnel is to support the effective operation of the NRC HR unit (Technical HR Officer(s)/Personnel and HR Coordinator/Personnel). The Technical HR Assistant/Personnel will be responsible for maintaining of the HR database, issuing of new employment contracts, social security and medical insurance issues. The Technical HR Assistant/Personnel reports to Technical HR Officer/Personnel.
- Adheres to NRC policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on departments policies and procedures.
- Develops weekly activity plan.
- Prepares and files accurate records of department activities and ensures all information is accurate and available in time.
- Maintains working relationships with relevant local authorities and/or stakeholders.
- Responsible for following up on the health insurance information (additions, cancelations, claims), support in monthly reported as well as responding to inquiries related to insurance to staff and update trackers related.
- Responsible to follow up with social security department on the monthly reports sent as well as support line manager with social security cases and trackers (work-related injuries/accidents and maternity cases).
- Update and maintain the organogram for the organization
- Working on the files archiving and filing of personnel documents.
- Support in exporting monthly payroll information on monthly basis.
- Support in induction sessions to new staff, when needed.
- Support with the exit interview process for leaving staff.
- Responsible for any task assigned by the line manager.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of two years previous experience from working in HR, admin, staff development unit in a humanitarian/recovery context (desirable), Experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels, have the ability to manage and priorities a varied workload in a rapidly changing work environment, excellent attention to detail, excellent organizing and time management skills, ability to work in English; good level of written/spoken English is required, and good level of written Arabic is required.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: Through 31st of December 2017
Salary/benefits: 842 JOD (subject to social security)
Duty station: Amman
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-04-10