SP-South Sudan (SPSS) is Samaritan’s Purse’s largest global field office, operating across 5 bases primarily in emergency relief to refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
We are looking for a Country Director (CD) to provide overall management to SP’s activities in South Sudan including project development, staff management, and implementation within organizational guidelines.
Description of Job duties:
· Provide overall vision, management and leadership to SP activities in South Sudan.
· Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
· Maintain awareness and communicate legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of SP with the same.
· Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
· Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep SP informed of events, including crisis response options.
· Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
· Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
· Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
· Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
· Develop and implement staff reporting structure.
· Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
· Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
· Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned SP projects.
· Ensure that stories and photographs are sent to the Regional Director on a regular basis to share with the Communications Department.
· Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
· Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
· Implement field policies to ensure staff satisfaction, safety and security.
· Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
· Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
· Be a spiritual leader for the International Field Staff and National Staff.
· Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
· Be an ambassador of SPSS and ensure relationships with coordination bodies are strong and the profile of SP in such forums is positive and influential.
· This position requires commitment and understanding of SP Mission and Statement of Faith, as well as agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith and policies.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa.
- Three to five years of field level management experience in humanitarian aid, including experience in leading a large cross cultural team.
- Strong prior experience working in a humanitarian relief environment, including management of donor funded projects
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
- Possesses strong organizational skills, communication skills and networking skills.
- Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, cooler temperatures as well as extreme heat. The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; and could be working in and around a disaster zone.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
· Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
· Disability insurance
· Term Life insurance
· Retirement savings plan
· Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
· Annual home leave
· Twelve vacation days per year
To apply for this position, please visit our website - https://sp.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/samaritanspursecareers/job/SSD-South-Sudan-Juba/Country-Director--South-Sudan_8016
- Organization: SP - Samaritan's Purse
- Location: Sudan
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2017-04-15