INT 2017/11- Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) Intern- Geneva, Switzerland
Position Title Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) Intern
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, 6 months
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10 April 2017 Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) was created in 2014 to professionalize and systematize the intake, coordination and preventive processes related to ethics and conduct in IOM. ECO is responsible for dealing with administrative procedures and policies covered by the IOM Standards of Conduct and providing counsel to the Administration and staff members about ethics and standards of conduct.
The Intern will work under the direct guidance and supervision of the Ethics and Conduct Officer, with overall direction from the Head of the Ethics and Conduct Office. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Ethics and Conduct Officer, the Intern will assist in specified
ongoing tasks. The Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities: 1. Assist ECO with uploading data, keeping up to date, monitoring usage, suggesting improvements in and providing reports on ECO’s multiple case management and tracking systems.
2. Assist in maintaining and developing the ECO webpage.
3. Assist ECO in the roll-out and implementation of training, as needed. 4. Translate, proofread and format documents, including those that contain sensitive or confidential information.
5. Conduct research on topics related to ECO’s mandate and responsibilities, as directed. 6. Assist in drafting and updating ECO-related documents, policy and procedures. 7. Perform such other duties as may be requested.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 1 / 3• University degree, preferably in law, from an accredited academic institution; master’s degree is an advantage.
• Experience with or knowledge of UN or NGO-type organizations is an advantage • Excellent computer literacy, especially database tools
• Good analytical and drafting skills; resourcefulness, initiative
• Proven experience in drafting reports and internal I external documents
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to grasp and understand the Organization's structure and portfolios
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines in accordance with instructions and guidelines
• Experience of working in sensitive environments and with confidential information and processes
• Practical experience of how to multi-task, prioritize and work independently Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; Other:
The incumbent will acquire technical knowledge in the area of Ethics and Conduct Management. He/She will also gain in-site experience in working in an international organization. Carte de Legitimation
The Organization will obtain the ‘carte de legitimation’ for the duration of the internship for the selected candidate.
Page 2 / 3• IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs; please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
• Applications must be submitted by 10 April 2017. Application duration is 2 weeks from date of publishing. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 28.03.2017 to 10.04.2017
Requisition: INT 2017/11- Ethics and Conduct Office (ECO) Intern - Geneva, Switzerland (55021329) Released
Posting: Posting NC55021332 (55021332) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: OTHE
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-04-10