Human Resources Assistant, (GS-6), Tegucigalpa, Honduras
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the Operations Officer in Honduras CO and the HR Specialist from Multi Country Services Facility (MCSF), the Human Resources Assistant provides administrative, procedural and operational support and assistance to the efficient implementation of a broad range of Human Resources functions for all categories of staff in his/her office, ensuring accurate and timely delivery, whilst promoting a client-based, quality and results orientated approach to the unit and ensuring compliance with UNICEF HR rules and regulations
Key Expected Results
- Support in processing of entitlements and benefits.
- Support in recruitment and placement.
- Support in learning and development.
- Support in organization design and job classification.
- Time Attendance.
- Support the Operations Area in processing of Contracts.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Support in processing of entitlement and benefits
- In consultation with supervisor, analyses, researches, verifies, and compiles data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF's HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- In consultation with supervisor, analyses, researches and verifies information for the purpose of responding to staff queries in coordination with HR Specialist MCSF and Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) on areas related to benefits and entitlements.
- Maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
Support in recruitment and placement
- Works in close coordination with the supervisor and HR Specialist MCSF on all recruitment and placement processes.
- Drafts requisitions and vacancy announcements in Talent Management System for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor and HR Specialist MCSF to help attract ideal candidates.
- Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
- Analyses, researches, verifies, and compiles data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. Gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
- Liaises with candidates in the various stages of the recruitment process.
- Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been completed in the Talent Management System.
- Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary.
Support in learning and development
- In consultation with supervisor, HR Specialist MCSF and Learning Committee chairperson, researches and analyses data and information to help identify training needs within his/her country office for the development of learning plans and other targeted training interventions.
- In consultation with supervisor, researches, analyses, verifies, and compiles information on external training courses available and educational institutions to help supervisor decide on learning programmes that address learning gaps in his/her country office.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by participating in exercises which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
- Develops and processes contracts for institutions providing training and courses, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations.
- Assists team in organizing and conducting courses, workshops and events by preparing and organizing distribution of materials for participants, ensuring availability of training venues and required equipment and supplies, while providing logistical and secretarial support at workshops and events as necessary.
Support in organization design and job classification
- Participates in the review of GS positions specific JDs, ensuring effective application of ICSC methodology.
- Drafts and edits job descriptions to be submitted for classification for review by supervisor.
- Follows up and liaises with HQ, RO, HR MCSF and GSSC over status of requests to ensure timely completion.
- Compiles and analyses information and statistics related to posts and staff for reports on staffing trends.
- Prepares documents to be submitted for classification to RO and NYHQ, ensuring completeness of documentation.
- Monitors life-cycle of all job classification requests to facilitate recruitment and organization planning.
- Maintains and updates a system which monitors the absence of staff.
Support the Operations Area in processing of Contracts.
- Provide accurate and strict interpretation of contracts policy and procedures in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Participates in the announcement of Terms of Reference
- Consolidate the list of applicants or proposals received.
- Participate in the panel to review the Competitive Process
- Complete relevant requirement and ensure filing is correct and complete in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Prepares the draft of the Contract in VISION.
- Prepares submission of the CRC cases with the relevant supporting documents.
- Any other task required from the supervisor.
Completion of secondary education. Technical or university courses related to the work of the organization, Human Resources, Business Administration or related fields will be considered an asset.
A minimum of 6 years of human resources work experience is required. Experience in administration or related fields will be considered and asset.
Fluency of Spanish and English required. Knowledge of other UN languages will be considered an asset.
This position is open for nationals of Honduras and foreigners with valid work permit residing in Honduras.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Drive for Result
- Working with People
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Formulating Strategies and Concept
- Leading and Supervising
General Service Staff are recruited locally. Candidates must be in possession of an existing work permit or resident/citizen of Honduras to be considered eligible for this post. Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Tegucigalpa
- Grade: GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-04-18