Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - Azaz (Local Hire)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
Northern Syria, Azaz
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) for World Vision Syria Response will be responsible for field level monitoring of the implementation of projects and supporting learning and accountability processes. The M&E Officer will monitor Health, Protection and WASH projects implementation, management and updating of the beneficiary database, data collection and lead other monitoring activities such as randomized checks of distributions, home visits to beneficiaries, and post-distribution monitoring (PDM) surveys and reports. The M&E Officer will support the implementation of complaints mechanism and feedback mechanisms.
- Conduct monitoring activities to ensure quality of program activities such as home visits, random checks of distributions, procurements, and others as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of the M&E system to measure project activities.
- Regularly visit the field and submit detailed monthly projects monitoring reports that capture project outputs and provide regular summaries of key issues raised through complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Assist the Monitoring, Evaluation & Accountability Manager and Coordinator in the design, execution and coordination of assessments, RTEs and surveys.
- Oversee the implementation and management of the complaint and response mechanism in the assigned area and make sure that complaints are logged and addressed to in a professional and timely manner.
- Support program teams to internalize the feedback received through complaints system to enhance the quality of activities and services.
- Carrying out regular compliance monitoring (including verification of contractor’s work, trainings, distribution, beneficiaries selection, and data) according to agreed systems, procedures and standards.
- Updating the beneficiary database once distributions take place to account and track distributed materials.
- Assist in data quality assurance and managing data according to internal and donor standards
- Maintain proper filing system of monitoring and data related documents.
- Conduct follow up monitoring visits for beneficiaries (via home visits, phone calls, etc.) for beneficiary satisfaction, to understand and respond to evolving vulnerabilities and needs within households and camps.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Additional experience with refugees, emergency response and NGO experience preferred
- Diploma development work, statistics, social sciences, monitoring and evaluation, information technology or related field. A degree will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in data collecting data, analyzing data and report writing
- Working knowledge of quality assurance concepts such as SPHERE Red Cross Red Crescent Code of Conduct and Humanitarian Accountability Partnership
- Good interpersonal and team building skills, as well as a positive attitude, eagerness to find creative solutions, patience and flexibility.
- Willingness to work in Azaz and travelling regularly to field sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills, in particular email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Working knowledge of SPSS an added advantage
- Fluency in Arabic required and ability to speak English is a plus.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to email@example.com e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 2 referees).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 8 April 2017. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Syria
- Grade: Junior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-04-08