Training Assistant( National Contract )
We are looking for experienced Training Assistants to be based in Ma’an. Training Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and directly implementing employability trainings in DRC’s community centers based in Ma’an. Training Assistant will report directly to the Livelihoods Officers based in Karak.
Who are we?
DRC is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. With the vision that no displaced person must be in want of help to find protection and durable solutions, DRC provides assistance and protection to conflict-affected in many of the major conflicts in Asia, Africa and Middle East. The assistance can consist of relief and other humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and support to returning home, and the promotion of durable solutions.
About the job
In the South of Jordan, DRC will be implementing a year-long livelihoods project in coordination with UNHCR. DRC is looking for Training Assistants to be based in Ma’an. Training Assistant will be responsible for coordinating and directly implementing employability trainings in DRC’s community centers based in Ma’an. Training Assistant will report directly to the Livelihoods Officers based in Karak.
Duties and Responsibilities
• With the livelihoods technical team, co-develop employability trainings to be held in the DRC community center;
• Deliver the trainings on a regular basis to Syrian and Jordanian beneficairies;
• Conduct pre and post evaluations to assess knowledge and skill improvement as well as beneficiary sats;
• Record attendance, test scores, and other training-oriented information as part of a broader beneficiary profile;
• Assist in the development of a training framework for specialized skill development trainings held by private sector actors in the broader community;
• Implement monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for skill development training;
• Routinely audit the cirruculum taught and revise according to beneficiary feedback as well as changes to the context;
• Assist in the identification of appropriate referral pathways based on beneficiary participation in trainings;
• Inform the development of new curriculum and training priorities as needed.
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in education, business, economics, political/social sciences, public administration, international, development or a relevant equivalent.
• 0-3 years of experience working with an NGO or in the private sector; experience developing training content highly preferred.
• Excellent communication and teaching skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and to work with a wide range of government and community counterparts, and other stakeholders.
• Understanding of the socio-economic conditions of Syrian refugee populations preferred.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six months contract including three months’ probation period, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work on May 2017 and be willing and able to work in Ma’an -Jordan.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at Grade C.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 13 - April - 2017.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Services and Support
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-04-13