Social Media Associate
Social Media Associate
Grade IS – 1 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Communications and Outreach Closing date 28 April 2017 Reporting to Head of Communications and Outreach Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/172 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Na tions Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Social Media Associate will be responsible for defining and executing a social media strategy for GCF. S/he will help position the Fund’s response to global climate change among key audiences in the international development landscape. Through targeted online outreach, s/he will build strategic partnerships to increase awareness and action that is critical to advance the GCF mission.Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Head of Communications and Outreach, s/he will be responsible for: • Lead, develop and implement a social media strategy for GCF that evolves with trends and harnesses innovation using social media. Define analytics to monitor trends of engagement for GCF’s social presence; • Initiate opportunities for high -level engagement among broad audiences on climate finance and related climate issues through social media tools and platforms;
• Establish, manage and enhance the social media profile of GCF’s communications assets. This includes consistent and timely postings and ensuring content is accurate and on message;
• Connect, seek and foster relationships with ‘super-connector’ individuals, companies, and organizations, and manage their engagement across global, regional and sub- regional social media platforms to in crease outreach of GCF’s messages and goals;
• Design and implement social media campaigns for GCF institutional priorities;
• Promote relationships with civil society and other partners for outreach of GCF messages, as well as in undertaking joint social media campaigns with leading Partners of the Fund;
• Manage and promote social media engagement of GCF staff through the development of a social media engagement guidelines and strategy as well as the delivery of training;
• Develop features, photo essays and other content for GCF online assets. Publish web content online; and • Conduct a variety of research, writing, and editing assignments in support of GCF communication products. Expected experience and qualifications
• Master’s degree in communications, public relations, advocacy, marketing, international relations or related social sciences;
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience;
• Good understanding of climate change issues;
• Experience writing and preparing social media content for multiple tools and platforms; • Experience in developing and implementing online campaigns or awareness strategies; • Understanding of internet communications strategies, social media trends and techniques; • Proficiency in using standard software programmes and social media related software and tools; • Ability to work under pressure; take initiative in judging priorities and organizing work accordingly; • Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with individuals and stakeho lders; • Good interpersonal skills, and cultural sensitivity in communicating with all levels of staff and external clients, both orally and in writing;
• Willingness to cooperate with other staff in a team and contribute to a harmonious environment is essen tial; • Balanced judgment and absolute commitment to confidentiality;
• Willingness to comply to ad‐hoc requests and work overtime on a short notice;
• Experience with governmental / international institutions or the United Nations System; and • Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
• CreativityHow to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Social Media Associate”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2017-04-28