Grade AS – B Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type Local
Unit CFO & Division of Support Services Closing date 25 April 2017 Reporting to Procurement Specialist Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/155 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framew ork Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accounta ble to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Senior Procurement Assistant will be responsible for providing procurement services under the guidance of the Procurement Specialist.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Procurement Specialist, the s/he shall be responsible for :
• Undertaking low value procurement of goods and services in close liaison with user divisions; • Providing support on the general procurement process including assisting with preparation of Institutional Tender Committee meetings and coordinating with user divisions; • Reviewing procurement requests to ensure appropriateness of technical specifications and seek clarifications, if required;
• Prepare/oversee the publishing of invitations to tender and manage/conduct all aspects of bid/proposal
• Establish and maintain work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones;
• Prepare procurement orders and submissions to the authorized official for review and subsequent approval;
• Ensuring that all procurement filing and records are up-to-date;
• Preparing a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, instructions, reports, etc.
Expected experience and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
• At least 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
• Good knowledge of office technology such as MS office package, and experience in working with databases
is highly desirable;
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work independently and under pressure; take initiative in judging priorities and organizing work
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, and highly developed cultura l sensitivity in communicating with
all levels of staff and external clients, both orally and in writing;
• Mature judgement and absolute commitment to confidentiality
• Knowledge of Procurement Best Practices; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skil ls in English are essential for this position; knowledge of
another UN language an advantage.
• Planning & organizing
• Client orientation
• Technological awareness
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Procurement Assistant”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-05-26