Associate Professional - Office of the Secretary to the Board
Office of the Secretary to the Board Grade IS - 1 Duty station Songdo, Incheon-Korea Contract type 3 years (fixed-term) Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit, Division/Office Office of the Secretary to the Board Closing date 21 April 2017 Reporting to Secretary to the Board Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/181 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries. Position description
- Assist with with the preparation, drafting, analysis and research of key documents and reports relevant to the Board. This may include background research, collecting and analysing data, conducting specific research and analytical work, and drafting written reports.
- Support the internal planning and tracking of the Board document development from draft stage through to publication. This may include preparation of documentation status reports, documentation time lines, etc.
- Support the formatting and quality control of Board documentation, and with their issuance to the Board. This may include applying standard templates to draft documents, transmitting documents to the Board and web posting on the GCF website.
- Participate in, and provide organisational and substantive support for, Board meetings and other events and meetings. This may include assisting in the preparation of relevant documentation, taking meeting minutes, preparing summaries of discussions for the Report of the Meeting, and providing support for the drafting of decisions;
- Engagement with diverse stakeholders, including supporting the linkage of the Fund with observer organizations;
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Secretary to the Board and secondary supervisors.
Expected experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, law, or related fields;
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in climate finance or international negotiations experience is highly desirable;
- Experience in an international setting is an advantage;
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access; and
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
- Planning & organizing
- Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Associate Professional - OSB”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-04-21