CoP, Myanmar-Advancing Community Empowerment
*This position is contingent upon award of the USAID Advancing Community Empowerment in South East Myanmar Grant.
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
World Vision seeks a CoP, Myanmar-Advancing Community Empowerment for the proposed USAID-funded Advancing Community Empowerment in Southeast Myanmar (ACESM). The project will result in services that are provided in a way that is inclusive and respectful of the Myanmar’s diverse communities, enhance cooperation and linkages between state and community stakeholders, and promote decision making that is more responsive and accountable to communities. To achieve this goal, this Activity will pursue the following objectives:
Objective 1: Community vulnerabilities reduced;
Objective 2: Community participation strengthened; and
Objective 3: Local governance systems strengthened.
- A Master's degree in related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management, Humanitarian Affairs, Public Administration, or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects, preferably in Myanmar, preferably with a budget of $20 million or more.
- Successful track record in supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance projects for local governance strengthening.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID and/or other funding agencies (Global Fund and other multilateral agencies); their policies and regulations.
- Experience as a CoP/PD or senior expert advisor required.
- Fluency in English.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 Apr 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Senior
- Social studies
- Closing Date: 2017-04-28