International Consultancy - Design of Biofortification and beans Modules
Terms of Reference for the Design of Biofortification and beans Modules The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a consultant to design and develop two ToT
modules on: Introduction to Biofortification & Production and Seed Systems of high-iron (biofortified) beans.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit International Agricultural Research for development with a global mandate to conduct research on potato, sweetpotato, and other roots and tubers and on the improved management of natural resources. Its vision is to emphasize the use of roots and tubers to improve the lives of the poor. CIP seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security and improve the well-being of poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
The Project: The BNFB project is a three-year project funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The project seeks to reduce hidden hunger by catalyzing sustainable investment for the utilization of biofortified crops (vitamin A cassava, vitamin A maize, vitamin A sweetpotato and ironrichbeans)at scale.Theproject isimplemented inNigeria andTanzania and isledbyCIP in partnership with six core partners - the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), the International Potato Center (CIP), the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), HarvestPlus and the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA).
The position: CIP is seeking a consultant to work with the Capacity Development and
Communication Specialist and BNFB team to design and develop two ToT modules on: i) Introduction to Biofortification;
ii) Production and Seed Systems of high-iron (biofortified) beans.
The specific objectives include the following:
- Review and update the technical content that will be used to develop the two ToT modules drawing on available literature and consulting with technical experts (with appropriate attribution) to ensure that the modules reflects the most up to date and relevant technical knowledge; In consultation with BNFB’s capacity development & communication specialist; design and develop two instructor-led ToT modules (Introduction to Biofortification and Production & Seed Systems of high-iron beans). The modules should reflect on Adult Learning Theory (ALT) and sound instructional design principles and practices;
- Develop a facilitator guide (train the trainer) to accompany the materials and job aids for training participants.
- An advanced degree in education, agriculture & nutrition related courses; biological science or other related fields. PhD an added advantage;
- At least five years proven skill-set in the development of learning courses, training and technical assistance materials and other capacity development products;
- Experience working with beans and biofortification;
- Experience in technical writing;
- Adult learning and curriculum development competence;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Experience in graphic design tools such as Formatting and software skills e.g. Word, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Good background knowledge of agriculture and nutrition.
Conditions: The consultancy contract will be for 15 working days between 15 May, 2017 and 30 June 2017.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a technical proposal and a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 28 April, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: TBD
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Closing Date: 2017-04-30