VN 2017/40 (P) - Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) (P4) - IOM Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya
Position Title Senior Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Nairobi*, Kenya
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the leading humanitarian as well as developmental actors in Somalia with extensive experience and technical expertise in assisting vulnerable migrants, mobile populations and affected host communities through developmental sectors strengthening as well as preparedness and responses to various humanitarian emergencies in highly complex and challenging environments.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission in Somalia, and in close collaboration with the IOM Nairobi and Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya, relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and the Administrative Centres in Manila and Panama, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial, procurement, logistics, human resources, and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all IOM Somalia activities and sub¬ Page 1 / 4offices, including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; undertake financial analysis of all projects and programmes.
2. Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
3. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization's assets, control cash and prevent fraud and development and implementation of relevant control systems/mechanisms.
4. Supervise management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows for all IOM Somalia field offices according to activities in the Mission and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
5. Prepare annual budget for the Mission, oversee budget control process and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures, and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
6. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
7. Produce instructions and procedures to complement or to adapt the general instructions of IOM, taking into consideration the volume of activities, staffing and constraints and specific needs of the Mission, namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
8. Assist in managing the human resources function for the IOM Somalia mission and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion, and separation of staff. Apply internal HR policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases, in coordination with the Chief of Mission's office.
9. Supervise and train local and international staff on IOM's administrative/financial policies and procedures; and evaluate monthly financial reports for the IOM Somalia Mission and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends.
10. Supervise the procurement and logistic services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administration authorities; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of buildings as well as the functioning of all support services at the Mission.
11. Liaise with relevant units at HQs, relevant Administrative Centres as well as relevant external counterparts with regard to the financial and administrative activities of Mission and report regularly on the financial situation of the Mission and provide other information as necessary.
12. Ensure Project Managers comply with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the mission, namely in the areas of general administration, finance, and human resources.
13. Coordinate the security of the facilities and personnel, training of security staff and coordination with the UN security cells; ensure that all reasonable measures are taken in regards to security of the office premises and equipment.
14. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes and sub-offices) on matters related to IOM administrative issues, local institutions and regulations and human resources problems with a view to increasing their effectiveness.
15. Participate in IOM Somalia senior management team in the development and
implementation of short- and long-term management objectives and goals.
Page 2 / 416. Liaise with programme managers regarding current and future levels of funding or activities. 17. Maintain liaison with donor and partner entities, with a view of ensuring a smooth implementation of IOM operations at resource management level.
18. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in accounting or finance;
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; good knowledge of human resources management;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Knowledge of IPSAS and SAP a distinct advantage;
• Ability to supervise and direct staff.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Somali and Arabic is an advantage. Note
With possible relocation within six months from recruitment to Somalia if and when the situation is conducive.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
Page 3 / 4• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.04.2017 to 18.04.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/40 (P) - SrResourceManagementOfficer(SRMO)(P4)-IOMSomaliainNairobi,Kenya (54942414) Released
Posting: Posting NC54968365 (54968365) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-04-18