SVN 2017/69 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 April 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission in Haiti, and in cooperation with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs), Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC) and the Regional Office in San Jose, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in Mission including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability.
initiate mitigating measures in coordination with Program Managers.
3. Supervise the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with 10M regulations and established procedures.
4. Supervise management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in the Mission and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance Page 1 / 4with donor agreements.
5. Prepare annual budget for the Mission, oversee budget control process and analyse variances between budget and actual expenditures. Prepare budgets for all new programmes in coordination with Program Managers.
6. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with 10M's projectization criteria.
7. Produce local procedures, in coordination with the RO and relevant HQs units, in line with the general instructions of 10M, taking into consideration the volume of activities, staffing and constraints and specific needs of the Mission.
8. Supervise and train staff on 10M's administrative/financial policies and procedures. 9. Supervise the IT, the procurement and logistic services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administration authorities; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and maintenance of the compound and its buildings as well as the functioning of all support services at the Mission.
10. Liaise with relevant units at HQs and RO San Jose, as well as relevant external counterparts with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission; report regularly on the financial situation of the Mission and provide other information as necessary. 11. Support and offer guidance to other units (programmes and sub-offices) on matters related to 10M admin/finance issues. Liaise with Program Managers regarding funding levels of ongoing activities and estimated funds coming in through future activities.
12. Represent the mission at the interagency management team (OMT) and liaise with other internal functional units in the office, as well as the banks, donors, UN entities and other stakeholders as required in performance of the resources management functions. 13. Act as main counterpart for internal and external financial audits. 14. Undertake travels to sub-offices to provide administrative support and resolve the issues as requested by the COM; to ensure building resource management capacity in the mission. 15. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Commerce or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; Page 2 / 4• Good knowledge of human resources management;
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration;
• Knowledge of 10M accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 April 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Page 3 / 4Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.04.2017 to 18.04.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/69 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Port-au-Prince, Haiti (55028038) Released
Posting: Posting NC55028051 (55028051) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Port-au-Prince
- Grade: P-3, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-04-18