Logistics Officer (National Position), Kirkuk
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the position is planning, organizing and coordination of the logistics and procurement duties, functions and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services in support of programme implementation in NRC Kirkuk, Iraq.
The logistics officer will be reporting to Support Coordinator/ Area Manager.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate in relevant field with at least 2-3 years of experience from working as a Logistic Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate should have documented results related to the position responsibilities. Fluency in spoken, written Kurdish, Arabic and English. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that effective procurement procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the NRC and donor Guidelines.
- Negotiation and contracting with suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services protecting the interest of NRC in same in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery etc.
- Coordinate and maintain a supervisory role for the Logistics staff, including performance monitoring and appraisals.
- Take charge of tracking/return/record keeping of all transport documentation related to goods and services procured by Monrovia and dispatched to field destinations.
- Support program teams in developing procurement plans and provide any information related to logistics for planning purposes.
- Ensure proper vehicle utilization, maintenance, fuel consumption, monitoring and controls systems.
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
- Professional knowledge of negotiations with suppliers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Geographical area knowledge.
The post will be for (12) months contract duration (Subject to fund).
Salary: 5/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Duty Station: Kirkuk with some travels to field offices.
For more information, please find attached the Job Description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-04-19