Associate Professional - Readiness Programme
Associate Professional - Readiness Programme
Grade IS – 1 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Country Programming Divison Closing date 3 May 2017 Reporting to Readiness Program Senior Specialist Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/179 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an inde pendent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Associate Professional in the Country Programming Division will be responsible for assisting the team with a range of operational and analytical tasks necessary for the Read iness Programme as well as others areas of engagement with countries and entities. S/he will report to the Readiness Programme Senior Specialist and will also support the various groups and areas of work within the Country Programming Division upon the request of the Director of the Country Programming.Duties and responsibilities
• Provide operational support for the processes for submission, review and approval of Readiness proposals; • Support the review, approval and initial disbursement processes for Readiness grants including through coordination with other divisions and offices within the Secretariat;
• Support coordination with the Portfolio Management Unit towards effective monitoring and reporting of the Readiness Programme portfolio;
• Support the further development of templates, guidance materials and processes to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Readiness Programme;
• Support the coordination with readiness par tners and knowledge management related to the Readiness Programme;
• Support the preparation and organization of events funded through the Readiness Programme; • Support hiring and procurement processes related to the Readiness Programme;
• Support the preparation of Readiness Programme progress report and related documents for the Board, and support preparation of summaries during and after the Board meetings; and
• Additional operational tasks as assigned by the Director of Country Programming and secondary supervisors.
Expected experience and qualifications
• Masters level in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, law, or related fields;
• More than two (2) years of relevant work experience. Climate finance or international negotiations experience is highly desirable;
• Experience in an international setting is an advantage; and
• Excellent written and oral commun ication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Associate Professional - Readiness Programme”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Junior
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-05-03