Regional Finance and Administration Officer (Ref.: 17-22)
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 17-22 RFA/NRS/HQ
Regional Finance and Administration Officer The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking an experienced and committed professional to fill the position of Regional Finance and Administration Officer for the Latin American Regional Office of a hosted organization, The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF).
The Position: The position will be based in Lima, Peru and will contribute to the World Agroforestry Centre’s work in generating science-based knowledge about the diverse roles that trees play in agricultural landscapes and livelihoods in the developing world. We are seeking an experienced Administrator who will be in charge of managing all financial, human resources, and administrative processes associated with ICRAF’s research programs, according to established standards, policies and procedures. Ideally, the selected candidate will be available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the ICRAF Regional Coordinator for Latin America, the selected candidate will be responsible for financial and administrative oversight of ICRAF’s Latin American operation, including the offices in Lima, Pucallpa, Belém do Pará (Brazil), and Turrialba, Costa Rica, as detailed below:
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly financial reports through Agresso system, including cash management, imprest returns, payroll, ledgers, reconciliations, and any other financial related reports as per financial reporting guidelines
- Maintain and enhance internal controls over financial transactions and business processes for the Latin America region
- Update financial information and maintain all financial records for projects implemented by the Latin America region
- Develop and monitor the Latin America regional budget
- Manage financial control, and analyze budgets, and make recommendations on budget expenditures. Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year
- Prepare timely and accurate project financial reports, in accordance with internal and external (donor) requirements
- Coordinate financial audits of all projects under Latin America Region and support the institutional annual audit process
- Manage advances to staff, partners and other institutional collaborators
- Support the financial component of development of project proposals and concept notes, particularly with reference to the ICRAF full costing policy
- Supervise the finance team in the Latin America region
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements Human resources management
- Coordinate recruitment, training, performance management, compensation, and benefits programs of staff
- Update and maintain human resources records for the Latin America region
- Prepare periodical HR reports according to the requirements of the organization
- Supervise administrative staff
- Provide payroll changes to CIP HR staff in a timely manner Other Administrative functions
- Manage fixed assets of the Latin America region according to the Centre’s Asset management policy, including the review and support the preparation of inventories
- Administer insurance policies, contracting and administrating services in according to the Center’s standards and policies
- Provide administrative services to the regional and other offices, including traveling arrangement and other miscellaneous supports Grants & Contracts
- Coordinate with the ICRAF HQ Grants and Contracts (G&C) team on contracts-related actions.
- Monitor agreements with partners (MoUs, specific project agreements) both for compliance of all parties and to ensure timely negotiation of renewal, where appropriate
- Essential: university degree (minimum of Bachelor’s) in Business Administration, Accounting or a related discipline. Experience
- Essential: at least five years experience in accounting and financial management, preferably with an international organizations; experience in management and administration of annual budgets, handling payroll and taxes. Highly desirable: experience in other aspects of the position. Knowledge and expertise
- Essential: superior written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; demonstrated expertise in planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills; solid knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law. Desirable: Portuguese language skills; experience in working with ERP software an asset; awareness of or interest in agricultural and development issues. Personal qualities
- Essential: discretion and tact in managing intra- and inter-institutional personal and business relationships; ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams and partnerships in collaborative project implementation and monitoring; ability to work both independently and as an effective team-member; willingness to travel periodically to country offices and at least once per year to ICRAF HQ in Nairobi.
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term with six-month probation period and the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 18 April, 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-05-02