Livelihoods Program Development Manager, Myanmar
NRC’s activities in Myanmar currently focus on the South eastern region along the border with Thailand, Kachin/N, Shan States and Rakhine State with plans in place to expand the overall intervention. NRC’s current activities include rapid issuance of civil documentation, reconstruction of durable shelter, permanent schools, and vocational education, all managed from six field offices.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the Project Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible design, develop and implement Core Competency (CC) programme/project in a small and medium size Country Operation or a start-up/small CC in a large country. The position reports to the Head of Programme.
- Generic responsibilities:
- Development of CC strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines, and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for development and management of funding proposal, project budgets, and donor reports
- Overall management of CC staff
- Coordination and management of CC project implementation (activities, budget, and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies, and donor requirements
- Responsible for ensuring capacity building of project staff and transfer of key skills
- Liaison and collaboration with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent the NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Specific responsibilities
- Coordinate with Area Office management to ensure the provision of contextually-appropriate, strategically-aligned, coordinated Livelihoods programming and the development of interventions within this CC
- Higher-level programme development both within the organisation and with external stakeholders
- Build capacity of Livelihoods and associated teams to operationalise quality, timely, and comprehensive programming throughout the NRC’s operational locations in Myanmar
- Participate in inter-agency coordination meetings relating to Livelihoods at the national and sub-national levels
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Livelihoods expertise
- Direct experience with Livelihoods programmes is essential
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Myanmar context
- Knowledge of local languages – Myanmar, Rakhine languages is an advantage
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Contract period: 2 years
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty Station: Yangon, Myanmar with 50% travel
- This is an unaccompanied post/non family duty station, with accomodation/ housing of moderate standard (in some field locations shared accomodation).
- All international staff working and residing in Myanmar are obliged to pay income tax to the Myanmar authorities.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location