Iraq - Logistician
Please note: this vacancy is submitted to Donors approval
COOPI is an Italian non-governmental organization, committed to fighting against social injustice and poverty in the global south and to building a future that guarantees everyone adequate living conditions, equal opportunities and respect of their rights.
Since 1965 COOPI has carried out more than 600 development projects and emergency interventions. In Africa, Latin America, Asia and in Eastern Europe COOPI promotes the access to water and the right to proper health and education services in poorer communities, and gives immediate and long-term aid to populations hit by war or natural disasters.
Further information on http://www.coopi.org
The Iraq humanitarian crisis is recognized as one of the worst global crisis, with about 3,1 million of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and hundreds of thousands of people moving to go back to the recently liberated areas exhausted by the war. Fallen under the control of the militias of Daesh two years ago, Mosul district sees one of the picks of the crisis. October 2016 the offensive driven by the Government’s army has started to take back control of the area. As a consequence, the area in the region of Ninewa is characterized by massive movements of people being displaced or going back to the areas which are being progressively liberated. The crisis has negative consequences also on the people who managed to never move.
COOPI is starting up a project to provide humanitarian assistance (in particular Education in Emergency and WASH) to the IDPs, hosting communities and returnees in some selected villages in Qayyarah.
To carry out its activities, Coopi is looking for a logistician.
Objective of the position:
– To ensure the procurement, the transport, the clearing and technical work of the bases.
– To manage the Logistics team and to manage in coordination with HOM the security of the bases.
– To ensure the distribution of kits and to coordinate the WASH activities, the delivery and activation of the WASH equipment.
Description of the position tasks:
Vehicle fleet management:
– In collaboration with the supervised staff, to prepare, to communicate and to follow up the vehicle and machines planning
– To ensure the maintenance and the repairs of the vehicles and machines.
– To make sure that the required reports and checking of the vehicles and equipment are properly done.
– To ensure that the rules and the regulations governing the use of vehicles and equipment are been set up and respected.
Procurement/Supply chain management
– To ensure the procurement/ supply chain procedures (weekly, and monthly planning); to closely follow up the performance of suppliers and manufacturers, in accordance to COOPI standards.
– In coordination with the PM, the admin, the HOM, to ensure the respect of the COOPI and donors procurement rules and documentation.
– To be responsible for the selection of the supplier through transparent process.
– To be responsible for the awarding of contracts to suppliers and to ensure their adherence.
– To prepare and update the catalogue and the price list of the mission.
– To ensure the proper storage of the goods.
– To control the entry and stock withdrawal.
– To monitor the stock level.
– To carry up monthly/weekly stock report.
– To carry up the regular inventory
Security (being security under the direct responsibility of the HOM):
– Responsible for the security goods and properties.
– Have to know the terms of the Security plan and should give advice.
– To know and update the evacuation plan, in collaboration with the HOM.
– To be responsible for his logistics staff evaluation.
– To monitor the performance of each staff under his supervision.
– To organize the logistics meetings (daily, weekly/monthly).
– To insure the procurement follow up: quotes, orders, supply and delivery.
– To prepare the forecast in coordination with other departments.
– General Information: security, programs and staff
– Vehicle car cost
– Stock report
– Supply report
– Equipment report
– Staff leaves follow up/staff planning: recruitment, movement, schedule sicknesses, etc.
– Minutes of Logistics monthly meetings
Beyond these tasks, the logistician will be expected to:
– Report any professional problems encountered to the Head of Mission and the Administrator,
– Take good care of any material placed under his/her care,
– Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work,
– Conduct all duties in a professional manner following COOPI charter,
- Previous significant work experience as logistician
- Previous experience in similar programs in developing and emergency countries within an international NGO
- Relevant supervisory skills and guidance capacities in the implementation of projects and ability to support the national staff
- Excellent English (written and spoken)
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of arab and/or kurd is an asset
- Attitude to work under pressure and in hardship conditions
- Strong ability to support the international staff in the procurement process
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Organization: COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid level
- Mine Action
- Closing Date: 2017-04-17