Procurement Assistant,GS 6,Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Malaysian Only)
Under the supervision of the Admin & Finance Office (NO-B), the incumbent provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose for the job
Under the supervision of the Admin & Finance Office (NO-B), the incumbent provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Assist and receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Assist in obtaining quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Senior Admin & Procurement Assistant, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Senior Admin & Procurement Assistant.
- Corresponds with all sections and suppliers on supply and procurement matters
- Generates and compiles a variety of reports from vision and monitoring reports from the supply dashboard/pipeline reports.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Assist in maintains supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Maintains purchase order/contract files with all required procurement documentation (POs, invoices, delivery receipts, payment requests, correspondence, etc).
- Performs any other relevant official duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying Technical Expertise (II)
- Planning & Organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Key Competencies & Experience
Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required. Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Language Requirements
Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
- Duration of Assignment
Duration of this assignment is 364 days.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified male and female candidates, religion and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Grade: Services and Support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-05-21