The major goal of the “Grants Developer” would be giving support to the Finance Department by assuring the quality of all the procedures involved in controlling, monitoring and reporting while managing grants.
Plan is an international child centered community development organization working in 69 countries, 50 of which are developing countries. With a focus on long term sustainable development, Plan works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programs including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Plan also engages in humanitarian work. Advocacy cuts across all programs.
Established in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization that supports Plan’s work worldwide, with a particular focus on Child protection. Funding is received from a variety of sources including child sponsorship, Spanish Government and Regional Governments and also multilateral donors (ECHO,UE, UN) .
In addition, Plan Spain strives to raise awareness of development issues through development education, advocacy, the media and events.
· Review the budgets and provide advice on its revision.
· Review the specific part of the donor contracts and memorandums- Payment schedule, audit and requirements.
· Review financial reports and payment requests.
· Advise Purchasing Orders on donor audit issues and review audit reports.
· Advise Purchasing Orders on financial queries in documents preparation.
· Relationship and follow up with International Headquarters to align grants strategies.
· Update information in the donor contract register.
· Update the audit tracker register.
· Provide training on Grants Finance policy and procedure.
· Advice the Program department to deal with financial and compliance query from the donors and partners.
· Run reports from the system to generate financial data.
· Notify when the funds are received with relevant accounting codes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE ROLE’S OBJECTIVES*:*
· University degree in Economics, Business Administration and similar degrees.
· The suitable candidate would have more than 5 years of experience in a similar position within the sector.
· Experience in grants management.
· Experience with public institutions in grants management and reporting.
· Ability to work under time pressure
· Fluent in English. The interview will be held in English.
The candidates must send application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference FO-GRANTS-17 n;
- Organization: Plan International
- Location: Madrid
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Cash-Based Interventions
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2017-04-28