HR/Admin + ICT Assistant - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Khost - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Proper office management on daily basis
- Carries out Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required;
- Assisting staff in the area of flight bookings
- Provides translation of documents when needed
- Maintains office records properly
- Drafts correspondence on routine matters
- Arranging staff mobile top up card and distributing to all staff as pay roll list
- Proper management of NRC guest houses in the field and accommodation arrangements for staff
- Finalizing lunch menu and monthly price for lunch in consultation with all staff and ensure that all staff have paid their monthly payments
- Preparing and ensure accurate job descriptions are in place for all staff
- To ensure the widest circulation of NRC advertisement among other NGOs and organizations to find potential candidates.
- To ensure the CVs are received and put in a folder properly and handed over to the relevant section head for short listing and further process.
- To act as an administrator on the written tests of applicants and to participate in the interviews
- Conduct reference checks for job candidates
- Proper record keeping of recruitment files
- Maintaining the training and leave records of each employee as per the NRC format.
- To maintain and update employee Personnel Files regularly and ensure Personal File requirements are met properly
- To ensure that recruitment files, staff attendance, timesheets, and payrolls on monthly basis prepared, checked, and filed properly
- Create monthly payroll and get an approval from concern authorities.
- Arrange induction training for newly hired staff
- Monthly reporting to Support Office related to Administration and HR activities and when required
- Implement NRC’s ICT policies and guidelines at office level
- Ensure system security
- Ensure that network access privileges, applications, data storage and regular backups are configured and maintained
- Implement and update a data disaster recovery plan (back up)
- Schedule computer related services, maintenance and license renewals
- Ensure installation and maintenance of protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls)
- Plan network upgrades, expansions and replacements
- Provide ICT support and trainings to staff
- University degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with reputable organizations
- Strong spoken, written, and expressive English, Pashto, Dari languages skill
- Strong IT skills including ability to work with Ms. Office applications
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and procedures and labor law
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Khowst
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Emergency Aid
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-04-22