Protection Advisor - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- 1.Roll out NRC global protection policy and develop additional tools for field teams on protection principles, identify and map protection issues, protection gaps and analysis of protection risks, referrals, collection and management of sensitive information, and information dissemination for improving vulnerable people with access to services and community based protection activities.
- 2. Respond to emerging needs by undertaking or participating in humanitarian or protection assessments or in supporting the establishment of programme interventions.
- 3. Produce protection assessment reports, and manage the information about displacement and protection concerns for displaced people.
- 4. Establish and maintain relation with other organisations, institutions e.g Ministry of Refugee and Repatriation (MoRR), Afghanistan Natural Disaster Authority (ANDMA) and UN agencies in relation to humanitarian protection as well as roll out of Afghanistan National IDP Policy and support the DiREC
- 5. Lead on protection mainstreaming strategy and implementation.
- 6. Support protection advocacy activities in the field.
- At least 7 years experience in protection for international NGOs or UN agencies
- Bachelor in law, political Science, anthropology or other relevant discipline
- Thorough experiences and sound knowledge of protection issues, information management, human rights and decision making
- Experience in developing capacity building packages
- Demonstrated ability to in conducting research into protection concerns and drafting reports.
- High proficiency in English, Dari and Pushto language (speaking, reading, writing)
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Political science
- Political science
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Legal - International Law
- Closing Date: 2017-04-26