Logistics Assistant (Procurement) - Nairobi (Kenyan Nationals Only)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. The purpose of the Logistics Assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Job description• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
• Ensure proper filing of documents
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
• Process Purchase Orders upon request by the field logistics colleagues, follow up with the suppliers and ensure they are paid and dispatched to the field by the warehouse in charge.
• Keep track of current procurements and update them bi-weekly as per the PTS and forward the PTS to the line manager by 5th of every month.
• Process VAT Exemptions and follow up with the agent on delayed invoices.
Qualifications• Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Procurement
• Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
MS Excel, Agresso or related procurement system proficiency
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
Personal qualities• Excellent communication skills when dealing with suppliers, staff and management.
• Innovative and has an initiative mind that is self -motivated
We offer• Duty station: Nairobi
• Contract period is upto 31st December 2017 with possibility of extension.
• Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-04-27