HLP-Task Force Regional Co-Lead - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Support co-facilitation of the regional Housing, Land and Property Task Force (HLP-TF) meetings and follow up on decisions and action points as necessary
- Support information management and provide monthly updates to the national HLP-TF Co-Lead
- Conduct HLP advocacy meetings with stakeholders as necessary
- Identify relevant INGOs and NGOs to be regional HLP-TF members and support their inclusion in all activities
- In cooperation with the regional HLP-TF lead, develop and implement appropriate reporting systems to ensure follow-up of HLP issues
- In cooperation with regional and national HLP-TF lead, write analytical reports as necessary
- Assist in the delivery of capacity-building trainings to HLP-TF members and other relevant stakeholders
- Liaise regularly with national HLP-TF Co-lead on HP assessments, reports and roll out of HLP-TF plans and tools as necessary
- Help ensure regional HLP-TF members contribute to data collection, assessments and monitoring
- Support the development of national HLP-TF plans to ensure effective advocacy responses to HLP issues at the regional level
- At least three years’ experience in either advocacy or coordination.
- At least two years’ experience working on HLP issues.
- Proven report writing abilities
- Relevant bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English skills and fluency in Dari or Pashto
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly to the field independently is essential
- Education title: Bachelor Degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected