Firefighting Trainer (National Staff Only)
We are looking for highly qualified candidates who can conduct a firefighting awareness in Tripoli.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa for over a decade, running a combination of livelihood, protection, advocacy and relief projects. DRC has six project offices throughout Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia/Libya, Turkey, and both a country and regional office in Jordan.
DRC Lebanon has been assisting the Syrian displaced, fleeing Syria into northern Lebanon, since May 2011. This assistance has come through the provision of food and non-food items, various outreach activities (registration, follow-up and awareness sessions) rehabilitation of collective shelters and the implementation of quick impact projects.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The trainer will conduct a fire fighting awareness training including: Fire Emergency Principles for adults and children; Theoretical module on fire-fighting, usage and items of fire kits; Practical module on usage of portable fire extinguisher and other equipment; Best safety practices and prevention tips related to fire fighting in tented settlements and collective shelters;
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation and review of training curriculum in coordination with DRC safety department and donor focal point;
• Preparation of training schedule in coordination with the H&I officer;
• Preparation of agenda of the training that covers the practical and the theoretical part;
• delivering of training sessions in Arabic for Syrian refugees in the north informal settlement and collective shelters;
• Prepare a narrative report covering the days of the training to highlight main findings and questions raised by the beneficiaries;
• Provide all the needed training materials (blanket, steel bucket/bin, fuel, gloves, fire extinguishers, kindling for fire, handouts…).
To be successful in this role you must have: Education and formal training in fire-fighting, safety management or public health management
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Three years or more of experience in firefighting, including experience in delivering Fire Prevention Awareness;
• Experience in emergency response is a plus;
• Previous experience with Civil defense is an advantage;
• Availability and readiness to travel within the North area;
• Ability to reflect their experience on the Collective Shelters and Informal Settlements;
• Ability to work in close coordination with other team members
• Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months Consultant contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance with a remuneration of 150$ per working day with an average of 7 working days per month. You must be available to start work from end of April 2017 and be willing and able to work in Tripoli.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo under current vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on the 25th of April 2017. The interviews are expected to take place a week after the deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-04-25