Livelihoods & Empowerment Assistant (National Contract)
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading global displacement agency working in 40 countries, in conjunction with our specialist mine action unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG), which has been working in Afghanistan since 1999. DRC commenced operations in Afghanistan in 2011 and is today a leading actor in humanitarian response with membership of the Humanitarian Country Team and recent high-level representation at the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan. DRC-DDG Afghanistan is part of DRC’s Central & South-West Asia (CASWA) region covering Afghanistan, Iran and Paki-stan. Within an overall strategic framework of responding to emergencies, seeking solutions to pro-tracted displacement; and tackling root causes, DRC-DDG Afghanistan’s current programming encompasses: mine action, emergency response, protection, armed violence reduction, and livelihoods. With more than 500 fulltime national and international staff members, offices in Kabul, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Herat and Mazar-i-Sharif and a portfolio in 2016 of USD 13 million, DRC-DDG Afghanistan is one of the largest INGOs operating in Afghanistan.
About the job
He/she is assisting PO in the implementation of livelihood activities. She/he will assist with regard to monitoring and logistics, and will be responsible for administrative tasks including distributing and collecting attendance sheets, distributing, collecting and ensuring the quality of monthly feedback forms and supporting Livelihoods Programme Officers in administrative tasks such as the distribution of procured items.
- Assist the Livelihood Programme Officer in administering beneficiary selection forms and entering the data accurately and consistently into beneficiary databases and ensuring databases are up-to-date.
- Assist the livelihood program officer in administering monthly beneficiary feedback forms and entering the data accurately and consistently into the beneficiary databases and ensuring databases are up-to-date.
- Assist the Livelihood Programme Officer with regard to logistics, including preparing requisition forms, conducting quality checks and conducting distributions. The PA is responsible for ensuring that appropriate paperwork is maintained throughout these processes.
- Collect attendance sheets and process payments of monthly stipends, where relevant.
- Assist the Livelihood Programme Officers in setup of vocational training, apprenticeships classes and any other training classes.
- Any other duty assigned by the (Senior) Livelihood Programme Officer or PM.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education, Experience and technical competencies:
- Three years of experience with NGO or other development actors of which preferably at least 1 year in Livelihoods sector
- Experience working in Kabul province with IDPs and returnees
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in the field.
- Administrating skills
- Computer using skills specially Ms. Excel and Ms Word.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto, both written and verbal
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: 1 May 2017.
- Duty station: DRC-DDG Country Program Office, Kabul.
- DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant 8 Months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff. This position will be placed at salary Grade E, level 1, basic 480 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close 26 April 2017. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Services and Support
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2017-04-26