MRE Facilitator x15 (Mine Risk Education)
Mosul - Nineveh
Duty Station: Mosul/Iraq
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate for our program operations in Northern Iraq. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding communication skills, a desire and willingness to learn and a personal commitment to professional improvement.
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in Iraq since 2003 and in Northern Iraq since 2010.
DRC Iraq is currently implementing a broad range of activities relevant to conflict affected communities and persons. The activities are categorized in ten sectors: Shelter and Non-food Items, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Protection, Mine Risk Education, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM).
About the job:
The MRE Facilitator’s purpose is to facilitate the training and education and awareness of landmines and Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) resulting in reduced risk behaviour within mine and ERW affected communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In accordance with the MRE Standard Operating Procedures, national guidelines for MRE and the MRE activity plan the MRE Facilitator will provide MRE in designated communities performing the following tasks:
- Conduct MRE in targeted communities following the operational plan as prepared by the MRE Team Leader;
- Train key people in the communities to become MRE trainers;
- Function as interviewer during assessments of targeted communities;
- Function as data collector in targeted communities;
- Function as community liaison between stakeholders/actors;
- Maintain good communication with partner organisations;
- Maintain good relationships with other mine action interventions in the area including those involved in survey, marking and clearance to ensure good coordination and shared knowledge;
- Any other business as required by DDG.
- The MRE Facilitator shall be prepared to participate in on-going training before and during the operational phase:
- Basic MRE course;
- Course on specific Methodologies and tools;
- Any other relevant training as planned by the DDG.
To be successful in this role you must have: Analytical Skills, Planning Skills, with strong skills in Communication, and Teamwork skills.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
- A university degree preferably in sociology/social sciences/teaching
- Experience from working with teaching/education/social work
- Fluency in Kurdish, Arabic and English
- Prior experience from working with an NGO is an asset.
- University degree preferably in sociology/social sciences/teaching.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at Grade B2 5.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
It is an urgent recruitment and interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 20/04/2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Mosul - Nineveh
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-04-20