Human Resources Officer, NO-B, South Africa, Johannesburg (For South African Nationals only)
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager in the UNICEF Johannesburg Operations Hub for Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and South Africa Country (BNLSS) Offices, this Human Resources Officer supports the country offices in the management of assigned human resources areas, in accordance with the HR workplans of BNLSS COs and the Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager in the UNICEF Johannesburg Operations Hub for Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland and South Africa Country (BNLSS) Offices, this Human Resources Officer supports the country offices in the management of assigned human resources areas, in accordance with the HR work plans of BNLSS COs and the Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the offices.
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the offices.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Implement and administer the equitable, transparent and efficient GS job classification system in compliance with the established classification policy, guidelines, procedures and related requirements.
- Conduct timely and effective training programmes and briefing on career management to staff in the offices in order to support the capacity building and career development of all staff.
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve and resolve the issues. Provide administrative support to the staff-management bodies and the HR focal points in the offices.
- Provide technical analysis and support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design and other HR planning and development deliberations.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
University degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc). Additional professional training an advantage.
Two years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in a UN agency, INGO or other international organization is an asset.
Fluency in English and a local language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
- Relating and Networking
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit their application to the following link:
http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=504010 by no later 7 May 2017.
Only South African nationals will be considered. If you have not been contacted within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Regret letters will only be sent to interviewed candidates.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Johannesburg
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-05-09